shorts : familiar scent

about two years ago...

Beidou.

If there's one word to describe me it's vulnerability. With everything that I've experienced, it resulted me into being weak and delicate. I tend to be frail whenever something triggered my soft emotions. In short, I'm highly sensitive which is why I should never let my guard down. People see me as somewhat intimidating but they don't know that I'm incapable of doing what I'm tasked to do. Right now, I've lead myself to a road full of danger in order to keep myself from breathing. I deliver illegal substances and armed weapons, I'm a con artist, possibly a thief for stealing back something that was robbed against us, I am also what my ally call 'pirate' since there was a time I practically smuggled a jewelry called as gnosis from one nation to another. To top it all that, I am a criminal. Someone you shouldn't be crossing lines with.

Number one question that everything is dying to know about, "How did you end up being a rebel?" but to be honest I also don't know the answer. One day, I just woke up at the other side of the wall metaphorically. I had no other option left but to choose the dark illegal side. It wasn't really easy at first because siding with the villain meant turning your back against the real you. I have to say that it was horrible but my bloodlust and desire of revenge blinded my sight of hope. I lost the light at the end of the tunnel and I've always believed that no one could bring back the shine once again other than Signora, the woman who helped me at my lowest point. She's the reason why I chose to fight and keep on living. The lady I first saw once I opened my eyes after a year of coma.

I wish to tell what happened the night after my accident took place but I reckon everyone is not ready to hear such miserable story.

Going back. A usual Sunday morning to drive around with Signora as we investigate the place to see if there are any suspicious people trying to sabotage us right now and as we were carefully looking around I drummed my fingers against the wheel, bored at how we're doing the same thing every day, "Who's trying to capture you anyways? Are you scared, hm? You shouldn't since I'm here." I softly said and placed a hand above hers, startling her so she retrieved it away which resulted to hurt my feelings a little.

My relationship with Signora isn't clear but we've done things beyond our so-called friendship which doesn't make a difference since she kept on insisting that I'm only infatuated by her. But fuck that shit because I'm seriously in love with her. About what Signora feels about me? I'm not entirely sure but she definitely feels the same or I'm basically being dumb with love again because the last time I fell in love, it crumbled my life into pieces. Anyway, Signora is an exception because it was her who pulled me up from being stepped upon.

"We're only being sure that no harm comes in our way." she said lazily and sighed, "Being in danger isn't a common thing for us, am I correct?" she trailed a finger at my jaw, sending me butterflies all the way.

She's tempting me so much to pull her for a kiss but this isn't the right time to, "Please, Signora, we're just like Bonnie and Clyde to start with." I joked which earned a laugh from her, a beautiful sound for me.

"We did several robberies and burglaries but we aren't murderers." she chuckled a little and leaned closer to me, tensing me.

I smirked, "So you admit that we're like Bonnie and Clyde?" I darted my gaze over her lips then to her eyes, "Aww, Signora, you're making me blush—" then I was taken aback when she grabbed my collar and dug for a deep kiss.

Signora pulled back, "Hmm, you taste of beer." she commented and licked her lips after, "Were you having those episodes again?" she tilted her head sideways because whenever I indulge myself with alcohol, it only means one thing and it's me having those traumatic episodes that haunts me until today.