Part 20

13th February 2023

I awoke to the silent pitter patter of footsteps in the hall. My sweet child, wait. Omg is that Elly, she hasn't left yet! I rolled out of bed and slipped my feet into my fluffy LV slippers and stumbled out into the Hall. 'ELLY! ELLY!' as I looked down the hall my heart fell as I realised it wasn't Elly, it was my son, taking his first steps. This should have been a moment of joy and splendour, but all it means is that Elly doesn't love me the way she should, and that is no cause for celebration. "Come on Boob, let's get you down stairs."

When I get downstairs I heard the buzz buzz of my phone against my very expensive marble countertop, I put my son on the couch and ran over to the phone. "Hello?"

"Hello, is this Mr. Booboo Baggage"

"Yeah wassup"
"Hi this is Linda from featherdale hospital"

"Oh.. hey Linda"

"It's Henny Penny, she's recovered nicely and she's ready to checkout, would you be able to pick her up."

"Yeah sure, what time?"

"Anytime now would be great."

"Okay I'll be there." I went and picked up my keys and put on my shoes. Then, like the responsible father I am, I picked up Booboo, (because it is not recommendable to leave a one year old unattended in a mega mansion) and I headed out.

As I was starting my car I began to feel a little bit nervous, to be honest I don't really want to see Henny, I don't want to get involved with her again, we aren't good for eachother, but she's the mother of my son and she can't look after herself so someone needs to be there for her. It's in moments like this I wonder, where her mother is. To ease my nerves a little bit I plates some classical music, singing along to old timely melodies always eases the pain, "OOOO THE TASTE OF YOUR LIPS I'M ON A RIIIIIDEEEE DUN DUN DUN, YOUR TOXIC I'M SLIPPING UNDER." It still shocks me how well the poets of old could come up with such masterpieces. I pulled out of my driveway and headed towards the hospital. My mind racing, I just want to turn back and leave her to fend for herself, I've had enough of her, honestly. I have to go though, for our son.

When I got to the hospital and saw Henny I didn't know how to feel. I think what scared me the most was when I realised how much I still loved her. Seeing her weak and helpless like that. It didn't feel like I was there out of necessity, it felt like I was there because I really cared about the mother of my child. It made me forget all about Elly..... Almost. The image of Elly caring for our son last night hit me like a truck when I saw Henny. She hadn't been there, she hadn't cared. She would rather be snorting up cocaine then the scent of our son, and that is not right. She is not a mum, she's a mother. Our baby deserves a mum.

"Booboo" the words crawled out of her mouth like a debilitated old man. "I'm glad you showed up for me, I didn't think you cared enough."

"Of course I do." Do I?

"I missed you."

"You were in a coma."

"Well I would have missed you if I wasn't."

"Did you miss Booboo?"

"I just said I did."

"No, our son."
"Oh yeah of course."

"Well he's here to see you." Booboo jr stood shyly behind my leg, peeping out at her. This is his mother, he shouldn't be shy around his mum. "Mummy?"

"Awww hi baby, I missed you." She gave him a big hug and showered him in kisses. Maybe she does love him. "Lets get home."

"Am I staying at our house?"