Chapter 3

Mouse Rabbit (12:00 p.m.)

YESUNG - 21
EUNHYUK - 19
DONGHAE - 18

I feel so drained, I wasn't able to sleep much. I forgot that today is my shift at our café and stayed up late again. My mom and dad insisted that I should rest, but I won't be able to sleep anymore anyway. It's hard for me to get some sleep because my brain just keeps on working. I have really bad anxiety you see, it doesn't help that I am different. I hate going out unless it's with my brother. Well, who else will I go out with or travel with, I don't have any other friends. I grew up being homeschooled. But there are regular customers I've become close with. They said that they thought I was cold at first, but deep inside I'm very warm. If only they know, it really is the opposite. I may seem like a warm person, but cold blood runs in my veins.

3RD PERSON P.O.V.

The café door swung open and two people entered.

"What is this place donghae?" A guy wearing a white t-shirt and red jogging pants asked.

"Obviously a café Hyukjae" Donghae responded with a smirk. Hyukjae then raised his eyebrows

"A café? Really? You know I don't like going to places like this" Hyukjae said pouting

"Oh come on, we also own a café and you don't whine whenever I pulled you there because I'm stuck with my shift" Donghae said as he lead Hyukjae to a table. "I just want to test out the drinks. I'd report this to my mom and maybe she could come up with a new recipe for ours."

"So basically, you dragged me here to steal recipes?" Hyukjae asked

"It's not stealing Hyukjae, it's taste testing. It's called business"

"When did you became so business minded? So responsible? Last I check you're an innocent idiot"

"Wow, coming from the idiot himself"

"Excuse me, may I help you sir?" The waiter asked

"Oh uhmm, sorry are we being too loud?" Hyukjae asked

"Ahh no sir, I just want to ask if you're ready to order." The waiter with a black gloves that almost look similar to Hyukjae asked.

"Nice gloves" Hyukjae commented and Donghae elbowed him.

"Oh thanks sir, yo-yours too"

"What are your best sellers here?" Donghae asked

(Search Mouse Rabbit Menu)

"I'll try the Lotus Latte, Rose Apple Cinnamon and Avocado pound cake, what about you hyuk?" Donghae asked his friend

"Uhmm the Vanilla Latte, Cheesecake, Strawberry tiramisu, and Croffle please" He said still looking at the waiter making Donghas smirk.

"Okay sir, I'll repeat your orders. 1 Lottus Latte, 1 Rose Apple Cinnamon, 1 Avocado Pound Cake, 1 Vanilla Latte, 1 Cheesecake, 1 Strawberry Tiramisu, and 1 Croffle. Your total is 25,000 won." The waiter said. "Is there anything else you'd like to add?"

"Your number sir" Donghae winked at the waiter making Hyukjae elbow him and the waiter himself flush red.

"I-I-I'm s-sorry sir I-I don't give out my number to strangers"

"It's alright, no need to apologize. Don't mind my friend over here he's just like that" Hyukjae said putting his arm around donghae while glaring at his smirkig best friend.

"I just want to be friends" Donghae said in a sulking manner. "By the way, my name is Donghae and he's Hyukjae. What about you?"

"Jo-jongwoon sir"

"Nice name" Donghae commented and Hyukjae wants to smack his head on the table right now.

YESUNG'S P.O.V.

When I heard the word friend, it made me want to get to know them even more but I can't help but feel scared. What if they don't like me? I mean, what if they find out about my secret, will they runaway from me? Try to sell me off in circus shows just like my relatives did? I'm scared. But I really want to have some friends though.

"By the way, my name is Donghae and he's Hyukjae. What about you?"

"Jo-jongwoon sir" I responded

"Nice name" Donghae commented.

I'm curious about Hyukjae though, he's wearing black gloves like I. Is it possible that he is just like me?.. Nah, it's probably just fashion?

"Thank you" I responded. "I'll go prepare your drinks sir, thank you so much" I bowed and walked away without waiting for a reply.

They're weird, but friendly. Should I accept their friendship? I won't be harmed if I do right?

HYUKJAE'S P.O.V.

"What was that Donghae?! You embarrassed him" I said pouting.

"I did not, but if I did, it's not my intention. I just saw the way you're looking at him with interest. He's cute isn't he?" Donghae responded while raising both his eyebrows at me teasingly.

"Seriously? I was just curious as to why he's wearing gloves like me. And why he seemed tired? They don't have much customer at the moment."

"Fashion? I don't know? Also, You ordered a lot considering that you hate cafés." he chuckled

"I hate you, I was really just curious he looks so down."

"Fine, fine. Stop pouting, you're looking more like a monkey" I hit him in his head and he started laughing even more. Seriously? Be thankful I'm such a nice friend or else he'll be having the panda look.

THIRD PERSON P.O.V.

After inputting the orders of his customers in the cashier, he went to prepare it while peeking at them. Suddenly he heard the the door chime. He sighed when someone entered the almost empty café. It doesn't help that their other employee had a sick leave, while the rest went on a trip.

"Good day sir" He greeted the new customer with a smile. He's trying his best to hide his tiredness after experiencing insomia for 3 nights in a row.

"Good day, I would like to order 2 Chocolate Milktea, 1 Wintermelon Milktea, and 1 Thai Milktea please" Said the newly arrived customer.