Chapter 4

HEECHUL- 23
SUNGMIN- 20
HANKYUNG - 22

People think that I'm a feminine type of guy, well it's true anyway. As much as the inner me would like to disagree, especially when people talks about me always being punctual. Well I do really hate being late, but there are days when I am too tired to get out of bed, like today. I'm not very punctual, it may seem like I am but nah. I don't like getting up early in the morning. This is what I like about being different. Even if I get up late, I still arrive on time. I still want to sleep though (Cries inside). But no need to get all cranky, I don't wanna ruin someone else's mood. Nothing will also happen if I whine anyway. Let's always embrace the positive light in life and ignore the negatives that will try to ruin our day no matter what. But I'm a little concerned; what if people find out about my secret? For them, I am punctual and responsible, but what they don't know is that I am just as fast as the speed of light.

3RD PERSON P.O.V.

"Right on time Lee Sungmin. As always" Said the owner of the restaurant.

"Good morning Miss Yang, I'm sorry. I should've gotten here earlier" Sungmin replied while bowing

"No need to apologize Mr.Lee, you're right on time for your shift." Ms.Yang said as she picked up her bag.

"Thank you so much Ma'am"

"No problem. Mr.Kim is your cousin right?" Asked Ms. Yang

"He's my brother, Half-brother" Sungmin responded

"Oh right. I'm sorry. But is he alright? He's been coming late to work for a week already?" Ms.Yang asked worriedly

"I- I rarely get a hold of him Ms.Yang. But I'll try to ask him later." He said smiling a bit

"Okay then, I have a date to go to. I'll leave the restaurant up to you. Hankyung is already at the kitchen. Take Care you two!" She said while walking outside

"Yes Ma'am! You can count on us!" He bowed after her.

(Sighs) "That diva must've been out partying again" He muttered to himself and took out his phone. Sungmin isn't that close with his half-brother. They're civil, but they have a very distance relationship. When Heechul received a punishment from his mother and was allowed to work at the same restaurant he works at during weekends, it was as if fate brought them together again. Sungmin makes every effort to be close to him, but Heechul is the one who is distancing himself. But he understands, Heechul must have been so heartbroken when his parents divorced.

He sighs

He sighs. He is not sure whether his hyung will reply to him this time or not. Their parents are actually on good terms and let them meet up during weekends since they were young. But he feels like Heechul isn't okay with it.

"Hey, bunny, what are you doing out here?" A tall and handsome Chinese man asked. As the two high fived and shook hands.

"Hey Hankyung! Waiting for Heechul-ssi's response, I was about to go to the kitchen but you came out" He said with a chuckle

"I was wondering if for the first time ever the punctual Lee Sungmin is late. But I guess I'm wrong" Hankyung said with a shrug. "Still can't get the heart of your hyung?"

(Sighs) "I guess. We hang out, but of course he was just forced to." Sungmin replied scratching his elbow.

"Hey. I know your hyung have a soft spot for you but just won't accept it himself. I'm sure he'll come around soon" Hankyung reassured his friend by patting his back. Sungmin just nodded after sighing. "Let's get back to work? I mean, I'll get back to work and you, go get ready. We still have martial arts practice later with Master Xió!"

"Okay, oh right hahaha. I'm so excited to learn a new move" He said as he went to the locker room. He smiled shaking his head. He is thankful to have hankyung as he is the only person he can open up to. He is the one who understands him the most. He acts like an older brother to him. He and Heechul are actually very close, which makes him jealous sometimes.  Suddenly, he felt his phone vibrate.

He smiled so wide when he saw his hyung respond to him

He smiled so wide when he saw his hyung respond to him. Maybe, there is still a chance for the two of them to be close after all.

SUNGMIN'S P.O.V.

I can't believe it. Heechul-ssi responded to my message. Is he starting to warm up to me? AHH I'm so happy that I kissed my phone screen.

"Uhh, what are you doing?" I suddenly turned my back against the locker at the sudden appearance of someone. My Hyung.

"Heechul-ssi! No-nothing!" Sighs, I should've gotten used to him showing up unexpectedly by now. He is kind of like me, in a way.

"Are you dating someone?" Heechul asked out of the blue. HYUNG FOR REAL?! I'M JUST HAPPY THAT YOU REPLIED TO MY TEXT. I pouted.

"No I'm not" I put my phone inside my bag then locker then proceed to tie my apron.

"Crushing on someone?" Why is he being too curious?

"I'm not crushing on anyone. Just excited for later's practice. Hankyung and I will be learning new moves" I said with a big smile

"If you say so" Heechul said while putting his things in his own locker. I started swaying a bit while standing up. "Why are you still here?"

"Waiting for you" I responded

"Just go ahead" He said.

"Let's go together hyung" He froze. I realized what I just called him. He doesn't like me calling him hyung "I-I mean Heechul-ssi".

"Go." He simply said. I realized that the mood had become tense, so I had no choice but to go ahead.

HEECHUL'S P.O.V.

I sighed and took a deep breath.
I closed my locker and sat on the bench after hearing his footsteps fade away.  Sungmin, I know it isn't his fault why my mom left. Why she chose to walk away and remarry someone else. My dad remarried as well, but sometimes I just wished my mom let me come along. I was more close with her since dad goes to work a lot. But she left. My step-mom cares about me a lot, she was infertile so I'm the only child at home. My real mom visits me with Sungmin on weekends, dad and her are actually civil. Sungmin's dad would sometimes come, he is nice. (Sighs). Ever since my dad and mom divorced, I started feeling empty. I can't help but be envious of Sungmin; he has a whole family, his father makes time for him, and he gets along well with my mother. Yes, my stepmother and I are close, but she, like my father, is a workaholic (toned down version). If only our situation had been different, I would have been close to him. But this is how we are destined to be.