Chapter 5

KANGIN - 20
SHINDONG - 19

The world could be cruel. People will judge you for the few mistakes you've done and ignore your good deeds. No one is perfect, everyone knows and agrees to that. But why is it when someone made a mistake on accident, even once, people starts to think of him or her as a monster?

Flashback:

Everyone is staring at a young man who has just finished lifting a car to assist an elderly man in changing his front flat tire. They had no idea how the young man did it, but it is safe to say he is quite muscular. Suddenly, a loud crashing sound was heard and without meaning to the muscular man accidentally dropped the car onto the elderly. He didn't know how to react he saw everything in slow motion and in a flash he saw himself behind bars. He just wanted to help, yet, he had done the opposite.

Present:

"Kangin!" A loud yell was heard

"Yes boss?" He asked

"Make sure to properly do your job or else I'll fire you"

"Sir, I-"

"A customer complained that you  forgot a spot on his car! And now he is demanding for a refund!" The bald man yelled blowing his cigarette infront on Kangin's face who coughed the smoke away.

"Sir, I assure you that I'm doing my job properly and that I don't let any customer leave without a clean and shiny car." He replied in a calm manner.

The boss raised his eyebrow. "How am I supposed to believe a criminal like you?" Silence can be heard for over a minute

"What happened back then wasn't on purpose sir. I hope you'd stop briging that up because... because I really just wanted to help"

"Yet you break the my grandfather's back" His boss rolled his eyes "Liar! That's not how you help Youngwoon. I will never forgive you for what you've done to my elder!" He threw his cigarette on Kangin's shoes

Kangin's P.O.V.

'You don't understand how hard it is to be misunderstood sir. All I really wanted to do was help, yet, my real motive got stepped on and now forgotten by every witness. I am tough on the outside, but a glass on the inside' - This is what I want to tell my boss. But I don't have the guts to.

Seriously, I'm doing my best to understand other people but sadly no one ever does the same to me. My power is more of a curse. I hurt people without meaning to. I tend to be careless too. Why won't people look at the other side of the story and just assume things based on what they saw and hear? It wasn't my intention to hurt him! I already said I was sorry! Why do they have to bring back that horrible past?!

I slammed the door shut and went out to take a breather. I went to the park and watch as the sun goes down from the secluded area I found. I forgot to bring my pills that helps me to calm down.

'Why am I born this way?'

"You okay man?" Kangin got startled when he heard the voice beside him. He swear, that guy wasn't there.

"Oh sorry, my name is Shin Donghee. You may call me Shindong. I've been observing you ever since you dropped that car to that old man" Kangin blinked in surprise. "Don't worry I believe that you didn't do that on purpose. We can't control how our day will go most of the time".

Kangin sighed "Thank you for that kind words. But you know I still don't appreciate being stalked."

"Oh don't get me wrong. It's just that I've never met someone who have a power like me" Shindong said waving his hands as if telling him that he have no negative intention.

"You also have a power?" Kangin whispered shocked

"Yes" Shindong suddenly disappeared and Kangin started looking everywhere shocked especially when Shindong reappeared behind him.

"Whoah!" Kangin shouted in amazement. "Man, your power is sick!"

"I know! I get to play pranks on people when I want to" But then Shindong sighed "But.. It's also not easy to turn invisible"

"Why?! I'd die to have your power. Mine is just destructive"

"Mine is not helpful." Shindong sat down next to Kangin again. It's not easy, because when I feel certain emotions, I vanish out of thin air. Everyone thinks that I'm this happy go lucky guy. But, I wish people could see through it."

"People will cancel you if you make one or two mistakes. People will judge you because you are depressed and vulnerable. And no one listens when you try to explain yourself. If you try to defend yourself, people will accuse you of showing your true colors. How merciless can the world be?" Kangin said clenching his fist

"The world may appear cruel and keep a glare on those they do not understand, but it can also be beautiful."

"What do you mean?"

Shindong smiled at his confused face and open his mouth to say.

-------------