𝒘𝒊-𝒇𝒊 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒌𝒚

Tori and Trina went out of town with our parents for the week, leaving me at home alone

Tori and Trina went out of town with our parents for the week, leaving me at home alone. They're coming back tonight but not our parents, meaning that my last day of real freedom is today. I was just going to hang out with Beck today but he's dog-sitting for his neighbour and has some work to do for class so I'm just texting some of my friends from my elementary school with Superstore on in the background when I get a call from Jade.

Her profile pic of the two of us having our backs to the camera and just our ponytails visible flashes up on my screen, making me accept the call and pause the show.

"Hey, what's up?" I ask her, turning speaker on.

"You need to get over to Beck's right now!" She yells into the phone, making me wince. I turn the volume down to ensure my hearing stays intact during this conversation and reply.

"What? Why do I need to go see Beck? He said he's got some work to do and needs to concentrate." I tell her, confused.

"I don't bloody care! You know that neighbour he's dog-sitting for?" She asks me, making me even more confused.

"Yes?" I say, more like a question than a statement.

"She's a cheerleader!" Jade tells me, making everything click into place. She gets pretty protective of mine and Beck's relationship, which can be annoying at times but now I'm glad for it. No wonder he didn't want me over while he was dog-sitting for some cheerleader whose probably head over heels for him.

"I'm heading over now, you coming?" I ask her, grabbing the keys to my dad's car from the side. I've got my licence but my parents haven't got me a car yet, saying that when Tori gets her licence she'll need a car more than me since Beck pretty much drives me everywhere anyway.

"I can't, I'm at some stuffy family dinner for my dad and I'm not allowed out. I hid in a closet and went on VideoChat, which was where I found out what was going on." She tells me, probably hearing the car engine through the call.

"Alright, well I'm here. Just speeded through an amber light but I'm here. Gotta go. Thanks, bye, love you." I tell her, receiving a bye and love you as well before I kick open Beck's RV door. I had a key but I left it at home so even if I wanted to be civilised, which I don't, I couldn't have been unless I knocked and as I said before, I don't want to be civilised.

"Does she have a key?" I see Tori ask on VideoChat to Beck, who is looking at me wide eyes before turning back to the screen.

"She does but she also has a foot." He tells her before turning to me. "I told you I had some work I needed to concentrate on, babe. I-" He starts saying another sentence but I cut him off, pointing at the small, cute dog in his arms.

"Is that dog owned by a cheerleader?" I ask him. He gets a confused look on his face, I don't get what he could be confused about though, the question was pretty clear.