32. started following me

nini walked out of her first class on monday, making her way to her locker to get her books for her lessons after lunch.

she didn't get to see ricky yet, seeing as he had an early basketball practice and she arrived to school late for homeroom, so they had just missed one another. though it didn't matter much, seeing as they spent almost the entire weekend together.

both their parents were confused as to how their two kids went from hating each other since they were about nine or ten years old and then just being completely head over heels for each other and spending time together without picking a fight anymore. it was a sure thing that when ricky and nini told their parents that they were dating, they didn't fully believe it until they saw the two together.

there was never a full reason for the two being so mean towards each other through the years, all each of them know or remember is that they didn't like the attitude of one another.

nini only faintly remembered that she and ricky used to be pretty close, being neighbors and the same age with the same friend group. but then she remembered a different time when ricky was being distant and then not so nice to her as she was used to, then the cycle of them being cruel towards each other had begun.

she took a deep breath as she arrived at her locker, opening it to get her books before closing it again

"gah!" nini exclaimed as she put her hand on her heart when seeing the blonde haired girl standing where the metal door of the locker previously had been "where the hell did you come from?!"

lily rolled her eyes "you think you're funny?"

nini raised an eyebrow in confusion before deciding to try and walk past her, sighing in frustration when lily blocked the way

"lily, it's lunch. i'm hungry. can't you wait until free period to start something?" nini asked annoyed

lily scoffed with a grin on her face, her arms folded as she looked the brunette up and down before walking around her and standing back to where she was

nini opened her mouth "what-were you a vulture in your past life or something-"

"i just don't get it," she said finally

"well, you can't really be surprised seeing as you're not the smartest-"

"how does a guy like ricky, stoop so low to date someone like you?" lily asked, nini pressing her lips together as she held her books closer to her chest.

"i don't have time for this-"

"it's weird," she continued, ignoring the brunette as she took a small step closer "see, you went from hating each other, to being his first kiss?"

nini face fell at the sound of her words. how did she know that?

"and then you both kept it a secret..." lily hummed "he was embarrassed wasn't he? i would."

nini swallowed and suddenly felt herself become small

"he's not embarrassed of me." she said

lily laughed dryly "i bet," she replied sarcastically "but, if you want another little piece of information," she whispered "he loved the kiss that 'broke you two up'"

nini felt her stomach turn and looked away from her, the sound of her phone going off.

"speak of the devil," lily sung, a light grin on her face "lunch under the bleachers. i remember that a few weeks ago."

nini snapped her head up at her and turned the phone off

"oh!" lily exclaimed "did you not know?" she smirked and sighed "well, at least you do now."

nini held her books close to her and swallowed "if you'll excuse me, my boyfriend is waiting to have lunch with me." she managed to say with the best amount of confidence she could, before rushing past the blonde haired girl and making her way towards the bleachers.

she had to get the full story now.