Not Alone

They follow Derk until they get to a door, he opens it and Ace is sitting there typing on a hologram. "Ace, what the hell are you doing!? I told you to be at the other office before 9!" Ace responds with some gibberish nobody could understand. "Ace...if you don't speak English right now, and give me a valid excuse as to why you didn't show up, I'm going to gouge your eyes out." He threatens. Ace takes his attentions off of his holograms and looks at Derk. "Sir, I think you may find this interesting.". Derk facepalms, responding "What in the actual world, could you possibly have to show me that will redeem yourself!?"

   "Take a look sir." He points to the hologram. Ramona was honestly amazed at how well Ace is taking all this backlash, then  again, this was normal for everybody. Derk was always an angry lizard man. Derk takes a look at whatever Ace pointed to. "Oh crap, so the sickos are working on a super weapon huh? The Vanquisher, hm, it has a good name I'll give it that." Ace nods "Yes sir, I have also discovered several other universes, ones that are completely more complicated than we thought." Derk perks up a bit, asking "How so?" 

   "Well, there are apparently several actual gods in the first one. They seem to be invincible, and don't feel any pain, so they won't even flinch if we blow their heads off." Derk laughs "What a load of crap! They would flinch, it's not like they get attacked everyday. They don't even know we exist, so not like it matters anyway." Ace looks at him "Well sir, that's the thing, they kind of do, at least, to us they do. You see, time works differently throughout the multiverse, the one we are looking at moves faster than ours. And this universe really has an obsession for giant centipedes." Derk's expression went from jolly disbelief to utter confusion almost instantly. "I know, it's very hard to understand. But there's more."

   Derk rolls his eyes as Ace goes on "This other one takes place in some sort of advanced medieval century. Huge kingdom, and of course, false gods." Derk looks at it "What in the hell is that?" He points to one of the metal structures "Oh, that sir is the castle where the rude king resides. Apparently he's super young and there are rumors of him having some kind of omnipresence."  Ace replies. "What a load of bologna, heh, a king with omnipresence, that's a load of dung. That sounds stupid." Derk scoffs. Pinky giggles and says "Kinda sounds like someone I know." And everybody shares a giggle, except for Derk, who just growls and rolls his eyes in response.

   Ace goes on and on about the many new universes and stuff he found, then Derk sighs. "Look Ace, we can't just ignore the fact that Karma's army is inventing a super weapon, okay? The multiverse can wait." Ace nods and shows them the many super weapons they have made. "What are these? Bloodrage? The Vanquisher? Eternity? That's a stupid name. Reaper? Holy crap how could we let them do this!?" Derk says wide eyed. Ramona steps in and says "Look guys, We know the Xoth and their many weapons and guns, but that's not important, what's important is that we complete our mission and save the universe." Everybody nods, and they start planning for the war once again.

Meiste, by 48lexR 

Hearts at Dusk, by NotARussianBot