Chapter 12: Downtime

Gotham City: August 27th, 18:17 EDT:

3rd POV:

Aqualad is slammed into the wall of the abandoned warehouse. Clayface walks past the majority of the team that is on the floor unconscious. Aqualad tries to get up as Clayface advances in his direction. Before he can take another step forward, a barrage of Kunais sink into his goop with paper tags attached to them. Then he is blown back as the small sparatic explosion of the paper bombs go off.

Facing in the direction of the attack, he comes face to face with Kitsu. He elongates his arm to throw his fist in the direction of the ninja only to be narrowly missed. Kitsu jumps out of the way and completes a series of hand seals. Lightning release: Violet Lightning. Purple lightning dances in her hands and makes a series of popping noises. She throws the purple bolt at the villain and hits her target. Clayface screams in pain before he becomes unconscious in a pile of goo.

Kitsu lands on the ground not too far from the defeated supervillain. Aqualad regains his footing again as he stood, assessing the damage. She sends a wave of charka to evaluate everyone's injuries. Nothing serious, but there was another person in the building with them as well. She turns around to see Batman standing behind her. Most people would flinch at his presence, she wasn't one of them.

Batman looked at the scene and narrowed his eyes at the team leader.

<><><><><>

Mount Justice: August 27th, 19:59 EDT:

Kitsu/Akira's POV:

The team had just zeta'd back to the cave. The majority of them were covered in Clayface's goo. Batman didn't seem to be happy. He turns to face us. "I need to speak with Aqualad. The rest of you hit the showers and head home."

I can hear Superboy grumbling about already being home. It must be tough to not have a real place to really call home. Sure I don't live in the mountain as I live in my apartment in Tokyo. But having a place to live and a place to call home is something completely different. Since mom and dad died, the house has never felt same.

It was nearly time for me to head to the Watchtower for my shift. I was about to leave when Batman stopped me. "Kitsu, I need to speak to you as well. We will speak during your shift." I nodded my head in understanding.

Then he turned to his protege who hasn't moved from his spot since dismissing the team. "Just Aqualad." Robin frowned at this. He then began to head to the Zeta tube. As he passed me, I could practically feel his frustration rolling off of him in waves.

Originally, I was going to go right to the Watchtower. But now I think he may need someone to talk to. It's been a week since the death of Nelson-san. He helped me get through the initial grief I felt for my friend when I was most vulnerable. It's time I returned the favor for him.

Before he could leave through the Zeta tube, I grabbed onto his shoulder. He turns to look at me as I used my other hand to perform a hand seal. We both reappear at the beach where I left a seal on the boulder that I had punched last week.

"What was that for?!" He throws my hand off his shoulder.

3rd POV:

"What was that for?!" He threw her hand off his shoulder.

He was pissed with Batman. He was tired of always being left out and looked down upon by his mentor and his peers. He did not want to deal with anything else tonight.