Chapter 17: Homefront

Mount Justice: 19:29 EDT:

3rd POV:

The mountain was ablaze and at the same time soaked from the inside. Wally and Superboy were trapped in a melted metal prison. Aqualad and Miss Martian were slowly deteriorating in the blazing heat of the cage of fire that trapped them with the Martian unconscious and the Atlantean slowly following suit. Artemis and Robin were trapped in a different but same prison as the other two.  Artemis was sweating and slightly burned from the heat and Robin was passed out from the intake of water he inhaled. Thankfully, they were all alive, but only just.

"Is M'ghann alright?!" Superboy called as he struggled against his bindings.

"She is unconscious, but alive for now," Aqualad replied weakly, wiping the sweat from his face. "I do not know how much longer we have, this heat is too much for both of us to handle. How is Robin?"

"He's unconscious, but I think he needs some medical attention," Artemis said, checking his conditions. "I was able to get some of the water out of his lungs, but he went a long time without air," she called back.

"For once, I wish the weirdo was here right about now," Wally groaned.

The Martian's ragged breathing paused as she mumbled incoherent words.

"Let us hope that someone will show up soon," Kaldur heaved.

Suddenly, he remembered something. Reaching into his pocket, he pulled out a scroll. He had forgotten that Kitsu had given him this a while back. He remembered that he was to use this if they were in a dire situation. Kitsu hadn't explained to him how it works or how it will help them, but they were in desperate need of help. He looked back to the Martian laying on his lap, struggling to breathe. He then looked at the youngest member as he also gasped for air.

"What is that?" Wally called as he spotted the object in his leader's hand.

"Hopefully," Kaldur gripped the edges of the parchment of the scroll. " Help."

He opens the scroll to reveal symbols and scripture printed on it. What am I supposed to do with this? He thought to himself. Then the writing began to glow. He threw the scroll out of cage in surprise as a puff of smoke dispersed from it. The team looked in shock at the sudden appearance of smoke that the scroll produced, catching the attention of their captors.

The team's jaws dropped as the smoke cleared to reveal their missing teammate.

As soon as she appeared, she was greeted with smoke and fire. Before she could do anything else, a fireball blasted through the smoke. Kitsu narrowly dodged the incoming attack.

"Kitsu watch out!" Kaldur called from the cage of fire, immediately making Kitsu grasp the severity of the situation. Barely sensing an attack from behind, Kitsu leapt in the air to avoid the high powered water attack that was aimed at where she was recently standing. Kitsu channeling her feet with chakra, she landed on the wall and began to run again as a barrage of smaller fireballs were pelted at her. She weaved through the attacks before leaping into the air and throwing Kunais and shurikens at the directions of the attack.

Prior to her appearance, Kitsu was just waking up in the early mornings of Japan. She was caught completely off guard when she felt her scroll seal being broken. She was luckily awake enough to perform a transforming jutsu to change into her uniform.

As she was in midair, she was finally able to see who was attacking. Two androids, very similar in design of Red Tornado. One male with the power of hydrokenesis while the other was female with the power of pyrokenesis.