Chapter 23: Apparition of Despair...

Damon's(Solus) POV:

...Why...

...why must they do this...

As I walk through a tunnel,I hear the silent footsteps of a guild setting up an ambush for me...They prey upon players...They're PKs(Player Killers) I suddenly find myself enraged with anger...My fists...I clench my fists in anger...
How...how dare they...

My thoughts become angrier and angrier... I'm suddenly overcome with sadness... The-...they're no different...Than me...They kill...Like how I used to... I trudge toward them...my anger completely disappears, replacing it...sadness...

They attack me...five of them,swinging their swords at me...but after a couple minutes...they see that its useless...I bring my right hand up to my back,grasping my sword,as I bring it down to my side...the blade ringing throughout the cavern as its unsheathed.I notice something...My hands...my entire arms...including my sword...become a transparent white color,a wispy white flame surrounds my arms...
What the!-
What is he,?-
A Creature?-
An event?-
He's....-
Like a Ghost-

It was true...their feelings of fear,I bring my sword up to my face,peering into my reflection.

I looked...like a ghost... My arms were ablaze with white fire and they were transparent. My eyes...glowed bright shades of white and light grey... My face was slightly transparent,as was my abs...My clothing was ablaze with white fire...My sword...was transparent and burning with white fire. I looked at them...

...they were trembling with fear....

I walk past them,sheathing my sword,and continuing on my way... one of them...raises their sword at me...I stop and look at him...My fist...pierces his throat...

"Fade...Into Oblivion..." I whisper. He dies instantly and a red flame replaces his presence. So thats what happens when players die In this game... I turn around and continue walking down the tunnel, the flame and transparency around me becoming...bearable...I'm still somewhat see through,with a light white fire surrounding me...but its...alright...

As I exit the tunnel,I find myself entering a forest,not sure which forest... I start running towards a huge,incredibly thick tree, running up it,I reach the top. I look out over the world of Alfheim Online... It was amazing...Mountains covered the distant,forests were scattered all around...and a huge giant tree,undeniably the world tree,was located behind vistas of mountains. I jumped off the treetop,fall in back to the ground,I landed in a crouched position.

So...in this world wings exist...I turned go look at my back. Before I could manifest wings onto my back a blinding white light appeared before me...

I looked straight at it...for it was...a familiar light...Almost...Caring...the light started to take form...of a little girl...with a white dress...pale skin...white hair...

Not possible...she...she's dead...

She slowly fell to the ground,I caught her...she...she was sleeping...I sat down on a fallen tree,looking at her face...wondering how she survived...

She opened her eyes...Her golden eyes locked onto mine...

"Welcome back..." I began to say...

"Artel..."

A/N: so artel...artel...Is alive?
Hope its a cliffhanger!
Thanks for reading! Will post a drawing of Solus soon!