middle school trauma

Hinata pov:

I wake up the next morning and checked the clock. "it's still 5" I thought then decided I should get ready early and change. I got out of bed, took a quick shower, wore black shorts with a light pastel pink hoodie. "ok I am ready! Hmmm what should I eat for breakfast? Oh, I know! Pancakes!" (btw Hinata taught himself how to cook since his parents died). I went to the kitchen and started making pancakes while trying to not get nervous for the volleyball tryouts. I finished eating, locked my house door, and hopped on my bike riding it to school. I arrived a bit early and saw a boy with blue raven hair and eyes. "that's Kageyama right?" I thought to myself. Then I put my hood on and walked up to him a bit shivering and scared.

Kageyama pov:

I saw something with a pile of orange hair walk up to me then I realized that it was Hinata. "OI BOKE IS THAT YOU" I screamed. I noticed that he started shivering when I screamed and slowly walked up to me and nodded. I felt awkward since he had his hood on and was looking down. "what position are you going to play" I asked trying to make the situation a bit less awkward. He looked up at me nervously and started making spiking moves. I started laughing crazily then said, "HOW CAN YOU BE A SPIKER, YOUR SO SHORT THERE IS NO WAY I WILL SET FOR YOU, I ONLY SET FOR PEOPLE WHO DESERVE TO BE SETTED FOR". Hinata looked down again and it was obvious that he started tearing up a bit and started crying. He tried to cover but when I was about to wipe his tears, I held his arms. "listen if you can spike my sets then you might have a chance to join the team but if not then you will have to leave so stop crying". That's when I noticed what he was wearing. I started blushing a bit. He was wearing a pink oversized hoodie with black shorts that were a little bit too short then I just stared at him.

Hinata pov

When Kageyama told me that I was too short to spike I started crying a bit until he took my arm and told me that I still have a chance to join the team and I should stop crying. I felt a little bit better until I saw him staring at me. That's when it hit me. I was wearing something girly and a bit childish. I started trembling a bit and I got bad memories from my old school.

~Flashback~

"eww look at him." "he looks so ugly" "hahaha he's definitely g!y" "I also heard he was mute" "OI COME HERE" someone screamed. I looked around and saw a bunch of men probably second-years calling him. They had scary looks on their faces. I hesitantly walked to them. "FASTER YOU G!Y FREAK" one of them said. I quickly walked to them and started tearing up knowing something bad is going to happen. In seconds, I was in front of them. "aww look what we have here" a guy said. "let's show him what people like him deserve" another guy punching his fist. I started crying knowing that I can't escape what's happening right now. They started kicking to the ground punching me and calling me names like "weak" "disgusting"  and so on. After about 20 min of beating, I was left half dead on the floor with blood and bruises all around me. I got up, went to the bathroom, and washed the blood of hoping no one would see them. This happened throughout almost all my middle school years. People would talk about me in the halls, others would make rumors about me and the rest were calling m names and hitting me. My parents died in a car crash when I was 5 years old. I didn't have any siblings to rely on and until now I still blame myself for their death. It was because of my selfishness they died. I wanted ice cream and they agreed on getting me some but on the way to the ice cream shop the car crashed and I was the only one who was able to make it out alive. I was alone.

~end of flashback~

Hinata pov:

I started shaking a lot after I remembered those memories thinking I was going to get beaten up again. I saw Kageyama looking at me with a worried and confused face. I am pretty sure he saw how much I was shaking since he pulled me in a hug and said "I don't usually hug people so consider yourself lucky, why are you so scared it's just a tryout, if you don't make it here you still have plenty of other options, are you worried about what you are wearing? You shouldn't be, no one here will bully you for it ok?" I slowly stopped shaking and when I fully stopped Kageyama pulled me away from the hug and just looked at me. I felt so much better and tried my best to show a smile on my face, but it turned out to be a small one.

886 words

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I am trying my hardest to make them a bit long. Sorry if there are spelling mistakes English is not my first language. Anyway, have a good day/night. 😊