Chapter 16 - Who?

*Third person POV*

Ayano opened the front door of her house and closed it back after she entered. She walks to the living room and noticed that her brother is currently sitting on the couch. He looks busy staring at his phone with a blank face, leaving the television on with no one watching it. Staring at the television screen blankly, Ayano walks over the couches and then sits on the other couch that is empty wanting to watch the news for today. Her brother who already knows that she is back is still focusing on himself with his phone ignoring her presence.

To tell truth, Ayano actually can watch the news in her room but because the television is already on, it's better to only watch it here. It will only waste the house's electricity and besides she can get the opportunity to ask her brother about joining the picnic that will be held soon. She glanced at Ayato, wanting to talk but she suddenly feels a bit awkward starting a conversation with him so she just continues watching the news while thinking the right word to say to her brother.

"You can say what you want from me Ayano. It's no use to hide it from me," Ayato suddenly said to Ayano making her flinched a little because he got her off guard for a second. He is still looking at his phone but even when he isn't looking he already knows that Ayano has something to tell him, by sensing her weird actions.

"I don't bite anyone, you know." He said teasingly.

Ayano huffed feeling a bit annoyed with her brother's sneers. "Why do I even feel awkward before...it's Ayato," she thought to herself as she turns all of her attention to her brother. "I already know that, besides there is no way I will let myself get bitten by someone like you," Ayano talks back to Ayato making him look away from his phone.

"Haha...I am sure if I truly bite you. You will already die," he said smugly with an evil grin making Ayano rolled her eyes.

He then stopped joking to her and looked at her with an anticipated look replacing his smug face before. "So what is it that you want to tell me?" He asked curiously, feeling very interested in what she wants to say to him before.

"Well, I want to as—," Ayano started but before she can continue speaking, the news that is aired on the television makes her stopped her words and look at the television screen. She doesn't even know why but it as if her guts are telling her that there is something important there. Ayato, who also feels the same feeling also looks at the television screen. The news is about someone's death.

"A female high school student had found dead not far from the popular prestigious high school, Akademi High School, today, a few minutes ago. It is certainly suspicious for the girl to be found dead in a dark alley but there is no evidence that the victim was murdered. The only thing that is found on the scene is a bottle that contains sleeping pills that is half empty. The polices had decided that the victim had committed suicide looking by the fact that she had died of overdose pills." The reporter said. Then an image of the female high school student that died is shown making the siblings lost in their thoughts.

"Niisan, don't you think it's weird that the girl committed suicide there?" Ayano asked looking at her brother. Ayato nodded, agreeing with what she said. It is certainly suspicious for someone to suicide in a dark alley especially because they could just kill themselves at home and it also looks like the girl was on her way home after school.

"That girl was surely got killed by someone," Ayato said feeling very confident about his remarks. He has seen this kind of tactic before from his academy. The tactic is really complicated but almost all the students can do it because it was like one of the exams. He also thinks that it's easy on the past.

"I think the murderer of the victim is not a normal person," Ayato said with a serious face making Ayano silent for a minute. She knows what her brother meant by that. The culprit must be...a...yandere...like them. But the question is who? And why?

"Brother, do you know anyone who lives here that joins the same academy as you or someone that is like us?" Ayano said, frowning. "Tch! If a yandere is here, how can't we sense them?"

"I don't know Ayano maybe they could be a professionally trained yandere. The problem is right now, they could be a threat for us...for our family," Ayato said feeling annoyed. Whoever this person is, it really makes him ticked off. It as if, they want to tell them that they are better at being a yandere than them which really makes them insulted.

"Maybe it's a new enemy for us to eliminate?" Ayano said staring at the carpet. If there really is their enemy it seems like her knife will be needed to be sharpened again.

"Well, enemy or not they could be targeting us, so, if they tried to hurt you just kill them," Ayato said emotionlessly with bloodlust eyes, feeling eager to kill this person who dared to challenge them. "I will investigate this tonight."

"I will also join the investigation!" Ayano said while raising her hand making Ayato chuckled, feeling proud of his little sister. He ruffled her hair making it messy.

"Of course you will join me, Ayano. I can't let myself have all the fun, can I?" He said feeling a bit excited. It has been a long time since he killed someone. Of course, killing is a bad thing but right now he is dealing with someone who also killed other people so it will be fine. It's like preventing others from murdering...yeah. He can finally show what he learned at the academy and can also teach his sister a few good moves for a killing spree. It will be one of the most fun things they could ever do for the rest of their life.

It will surely be a killer time for them tonight.

<•>