Chapter 3

In the days that followed, Cassie and Murasakibara built a routine they got used to rather quickly. They were nearly inseparable when they were together and it had become apparent that Masako's theory was right. Cassie was just the thing she needed in order to get Murasakibara to actually practice and attempt to improve himself further.

Today was a day off, yet Cassie had been reading up on her school work when the door to Kagami's place was knocked on. She ignored it at first, then when Kagami came into the room, he growled a bit at her.

"Can you not hear?" He complained while stomping to the door.

"No, I can. I just don't wanna get up. I don't know who's at the door."

He rolled his eyes before answering the door. He was shocked to see who it was. "Tatsuya?"

Himuro was smiling. "Hey, are you busy today?"

"No... but you could have called if you were gonna show up at my place," Kagami said, letting him come inside.

"Why's your door still so small?" At the complaining voice, Cassie looked up and saw Murasakibara entering along with Himuro.

Murasakibara noticed her after she did. "Ha, you actually live here?" He ignored Kagami and went into the house to meet Cassie.

"They both don't listen to me," Kagami said under his breath.

Himuro chuckled, but began talking to him about other things.

"Of course I live here, my parents aren't in Japan," Cassie said.

"Back in America?"

"Yeah."

"Still, you could live somewhere closer to me and you could bake me more stuff."

Cassie giggled at the compliment. "You really like my baking, huh? But I can't just make stuff for you all the time, I have other things to worry about." She explained.

"Like what?"

"My school work for one. Learning new things isn't the problem, but when you can barely read the material, that makes it a little hard... plus, I'm no good at writing Kanji either."

Murasakibara understood the sentiment and then looked over. He saw a box of brownie mix on the kitchen table.

"Are you gonna make that?" He questioned.

Cassie didn't even look behind her. "Not just the brownies, I wanted to try this recipe I saw online. It looks really tasty!"

"Then why haven't you made it?" He looked back at her.

"Remember what I just said?"

He sighed. "You're really having that many problems?"

"I can speak Japanese better than I can write it." She giggled. "It's funny because in English it's the opposite."

Murasakibara hummed. "Well, I want whatever you're gonna make. So let me help you with this work."

Cassie looked at him. "Do you really want it that bad?" He nodded almost immediately and with no reluctance as well. Cassie let out a small sigh. "You're already dealing with your own work and practice, then you wanna help me with my work?"

"For those brownies."

Cassie let out a small laugh at him. "I'm stubborn too and I won't let you do that. So, how about this..." Cassie smiled up at him. "We make it a regular thing; for every practice you show up to on your own, I'll let you help me with my work. When I finish with it, you can guarantee I'll bake something for you or get you some snacks you want."