Chapter 9

While there was never any actual conversation of what Murasakibara was trying to improve on, Cassie tried her best to find out what he was trying to do by watching him more than she usually did. She was a bit worried he would take it the wrong way, so she only did it when he seemed focused. Every other time, she would do her job as usual.

When practice was over, Cassie was getting ready to head for the train station like normal, she reached the door when she was stopped by a team member. Giving him a pleasant smile, she spoke right after.

"Yeah?"

"Sorry to bother you, but I was curious if you could let me see my records. I forgot to ask you earlier."

"Oh, that's fine. Anything specific you wanted to see?"

While they discussed things by the door, Murasakibara was leaving the changing room and saw Cassie there. He watched at first and then felt the same feeling he had gotten days before again when Himuro talked about Cassie. He didn't exactly know why that was happening, but he knew he didn't like it.

Making his way over to the pair, he grabbed Cassie's shoulders and started pushing her out the door.

"Murasaki? What are you doing?"

"I wanna go home, come on already."

"You just got here, can you wait a second?"

He pouted and stepped back. Cassie let out a small sigh when she pulled out the records and handed them to the team member.

"Thanks, again, sorry for bothering you."

"It's no problem."

When he walked off, Murasakibara was quick to start pushing Cassie out of the gym entrance. Cassie groaned and tried to move from him. They now faced each other.

"What is your problem? Why are you in such a rush?"

"Because... I wanted to ask you something."

"Okay?" Cassie waited for him to go on.

Though, Murasakibara didn't seem as if he actually had anything he wanted to say, but after a second he said, "can you stay over at my place?"

Cassie's eyes went wide. "What? Why?"

"Because... it'll be easier for you to get here right?" He paused. "It'll just be for the last two days of the break."

Cassie's eyes narrowed. "This isn't just to get me to bake for you... is it?"

"Man, you really think the worst of your friends huh?"

She didn't speak when she heard that. Cassie somewhat froze and no matter how hard she tried to speak, nothing came out. It was simply something Cassie never expected to hear... it must have meant she really was speaking her mind.

Murasakibara moved on in her silence. "You don't have to stay over if you don't want to... I was just asking."

Cassie's head slowly shook. "Uh... no, that makes sense, but I..." Before she finished that thought she shook her head again. "I don't wanna bother your family with some unexpected visitor."

He yawned. "My mom probably won't care... Neither would my dad. Besides, we'd probably never see them anyways, since they're always at work."

"Really...?" Cassie's gaze went down and Murasakibara noticed what she was doing.

"Hey, you're just coming up with excuses aren't you?"

"W-what? Of course I'm not."

"Yeah right. You just don't wanna stay over."