Chapter 11

This wasn't something Murasakibara would have liked to find himself concerned with.

If Cassie cared about Kise

The very thought made him angry and it didn't subside with time as Kise spent every second occupying Cassie's time. Even during the last days of their practice, Cassie was busy texting or talking to Kise.

While it went unnoticed to Cassie, Murasakibara actually hadn't fallen asleep. Yes, he was tired and exhausted from a lack of sleep, but it wasn't any different than his usual.

While he rested against her, he thought back to just the day before…

"There's something I didn't think you'd say." Himuro amusedly listened to his friend. "But, I did think you at least liked Cassie."

"Ha~? How?"

"It's not everyday you take an interest in someone. I didn't know how much you liked her, but it makes sense you have a crush on her."

Murasakibara felt strange hearing it from someone else, but after spending an entire day so distracted that he couldn't even eat, he felt like something was wrong.

No matter what he did, he always went back to the same thing…

"But, are you thinking of telling her?"

He was taken from his thoughts. "That's why I came to you. I don't know if I should tell her or not."

"Ah, I understand. Honestly though, you're probably better off just telling her. Though she might be a little overwhelmed if you do." Himuro weighed things in his head. "Oh, how about you let her figure it out?"

"Huh? How am I supposed to do that?"

"By acting more like you like her. It'd be a little unfair to just randomly confess; instead, you should continue to be her friend and see if she could like you back."

"How am I supposed to tell?"

"It's easy. Just think of yourself, what happens when you think of her or when you hang out?"

He didn't take long to answer. "It's always fun when she's around. I usually notice something new about her… there's always something to keep me looking at her."

"See? If she likes you, then you'll most likely see her doing some of the same stuff. Otherwise, don't make it hard on her okay? You might really like her, but it'll only make life difficult for you both if you try and force your feelings onto her."

This conversation made its way back into his mind as he tried to focus on the task Cassie had given him.

They went outside to the basketball court Kagami frequented. Cassie gave him the task of grounding himself and trying for free throws instead of just rebounding and dunking. Hoping to improve his court awareness, he agreed to the task.

However, the only thing he seemed to be improving was his ability to calm himself down when he was angry. Gripping the ball in his hands, he glanced over to Cassie. She was on her phone, texting away.

While he was curious who it was, he could assume. She didn't text people very often, she never had her phone, so the fact she had it now reminded Murasakibara of the only person who she could be talking to.

While Kise was a big factor in realizing how he felt, he wondered if Kise actually liked her or was it just a game he was playing. Just the thought annoyed him, more than anything else, the idea that Kise was just playing around was what annoyed him the most.