• Chapter Four: Realising •

|present|

Everyone was cleaning up. Norman and Emma had been discussing about their plan. Y/n stayed quiet and listened.

"The key to our value is our age and our scores." Norman started.

"If six year olds are 'the usual' then top of the line must be..." The albino stopped. He looked to Emma.

"Twelve year olds." He said. Emma nodded.

"The test scores must be the shipping order! But, why?" The girl questioned. Norman rubbed his temples.

His eyes widened at the realisation.

"It's the brain." Norman stepped closer to the orange haired girl.

"They're after our brains." He repeated. The albino turned to think.

"Which must mean that the brain is the most delicious. Especially a well developed brain like ours."

Y/n grew nauseous at the thought.

"I'm gonna go. I need a breather." The (h/c) haired girl, turned around and quickly went inside the house.

Emma furrowed her eyebrows in confusion and worry.

"I think we should check on her." The orange haired girl suggested. Norman put his hand on her shoulder.

"You go. She's probably sick of me by now." He chuckled. Emma nodded and ran to the house.

She walked towards the bathroom, guessing you would be there. She pulled open the door.

"Y/n?" She slowly walked in.

She was sat on the floor next to the sink. Her face in her hands. Emma gasped at the sight. She closed the door and kneeled in front of you.

"Hey, what's wrong?" She asked with a worried tone in her voice. Y/n looked up wiping tears away.

"Oh h- hey. D- didn't see you there." She said, choking on her words. Y/n fought back the urge to burst out crying.

"Y/n.. come here." Emma pulled you closer to her chest, hugging you. She stroke your hair and patted your back. She let go after your breathing calmed down.

"Thanks, Emma." Y/n said, laughing a bit.

"Of cour-" Emma stopped. Y/n looked at her concerned. She followed the direction the orange haired girl's eyes were looking.

"Your hands.." Emma covered her mouth, while Y/n froze.

"Oh yeah. There fine! See?" The (e/c) eyed girl said, holding out her hands.

Emma looked at you concerned. She gently held her hand, caressing her knuckles. Y/n face grew warm.

"Okay! That's enough of that." Y/n cleared her throat and pulled her hands back.

"You did that?" Emma asked. Y/n frowned at the other girl's expression.

"Yeah, but it's fine now. Just a few cuts and bruises, but i can still move them." She said reassuringly.

"Don't do that ever again." Emma said, with a straight face.

"What?"

"I said. Don't. Do. That. Ever. Again." The tone in the girl's voice was scary. Y/n was startled at Emma's sudden statement.

"O- okay.." Y/n chuckled nervously.

"Good!" Emma smiled and stood up. She held out her hand.

"Let's get back to Norman!"