• Chapter Six: Adults •

|present|

The four children, the only ones who know the truth, researched maps and books about the world outside. Things had been moving smoothly.

"Ray! Y/n! Norman! Emma!" Mama called out. They rushed over to her, seeing Don and Gilda there too.

"Could I ask you all to help me with some chores?" Mama asked.

Her tone was soft and kind, but they knew who she really was. It was all fake.

"This is bad. Doesn't this mean she's suspecting us?!" Emma paced around the room, frantically.

"Calm down. Think about the enemy's stand point." Ray said. Y/n and Norman agreed, while Emma questioned him.

"None of the kids seem to be visibly shaken. If that's the case, it's not strange for the eldest to be suspected first." The boy stated. Norman nodded in agreement.

"We can't let our guard down and stay alert. Don't worry though, the enemy has no idea who we are at this point." The albino finished.

Y/n walked to Emma, patting her head with her hand. Emma's head tilted at this gesture. Norman stifled a laugh and Ray watch in amusement.

"Don't panic. That's exactly what Mama is trying to make us do." Y/n reassured, as she pat Emma's orange hair.

'soft' She thought. She pulled her hand back and walked out, smiling at herself.

~timeskip~

Gilda and Don had left and the four were working out the possible location of the transmitters.

They've already checked their bodies for scars that might indicate to where the trackers were placed, but to no avail. They've even checked there clothes and shoes. Nothing.

"I've been thinking. If these transmitters are truly man-made, it's highly likely that they're the type that emits electromagnetic waves." Ray brought up. Y/n's head darted up.

"Those things contain a battery that needs to be charged or replaced often, right?" She asked, remembering reading about it somewhere. Ray nodded.

"I did a bit of math last night and it's going to be insanely hard to find and destroy these trackers, with the little info we have." He sighed.

~timeskip~

All the children gathered around. Mama spoke.

"Let me introduce them. This is Carol, your new sibling." She said, "and this person beside me is, Sister Krone."

Emma's eyes widened in shock and fear. Norman tensed, and so did Ray. Y/n on the other hand, planned to stay away from Sister Krone. She didn't want to bother speaking with another liar.

"An.. adult..." Emma whispered out.

Everything was matching up. They were too focused on the trackers, they never thought about that the number of adults could increase.

The threatening, the chores, all of it was a distraction and preparation for this.

Y/n turned to the orange haired girl.

"Hey. It's gonna be fine, alright?" She stated calmly. Emma nodded gratefully and smiled.

Sister Krone had finished introducing herself. She rang the bell.

"Alright children, time to go outside and play!"

Everyone ran outside. The four hid somewhere else in the forest. Phil came bursting through the door.