2

Kaeya had been on Albedo's mind for quite some time now. The library was his usual spot to waste away the hours but he hadn't seen Kaeya there since their first interaction weeks ago. Did something happen to him? He could always try reaching out to that number but it felt strange to do that. Albedo wasn't used to interacting with people first in that way. 

"Well if it isn't Mr. Scientist," Kaeya sat down. Albedo looked up to see a different individual next to him. He looked at Albedo and then at the chair, sighed, and took a seat closest to Albedo and furthest from Kaeya. His red hair was in a ponytail behind him. He also had an affinity for button-ups, however he buttoned up to the next to last button, whereas Kaeya was still set on exposing his muscular cleavage. 

"I apologize on my brother's behalf ahead of time," the redhead sighed again. "My name is Diluc. Are we interrupting you?" 

"Adopted brother," Kaeya smiled. "Which is why I'm obviously more attractive in every way," he rested his chin against his hand. 

"Hm," Albedo flipped to his Kaeya page and started taking notes while watching the two bicker with one another. They were so absorbed in themselves neither one noticed. Did they forget he was here? No, it was something else. There was a reason that Kaeya had made it clear these two were not related by blood. 

Albedo gathered his things and stood up, leaving the library. The sun was really bright. He winced, glancing up at the sky and covering his eyes, then walked down the sidewalk. So, Kaeya has forbidden feelings for his adopted brother. Diluc wants nothing to do with him, so he ends up flirting for more attention from others, hoping to make Diluc jealous. Albedo took more notes as he walked. This could be a very good character backstory for his next android. He also had to fix the previous model for those that desperately wanted Morax, version 3. 

His notebook slapped his face as he dropped his pen after running into someone. To be more precise, the person stopped suddenly in front of him. He turned around, apologizing frantically, and picked up the notebook and pen. "I'm so sorry about that," he held out the items. Albedo grabbed them and stared. Hm, very attractive face, he would do good for a model as well. He was not expecting to see Zhongli standing next to him (the model for his Morax version 3). 

"Albedo," Zhongli nodded, acknowledging him. "This is Tartaglia," he introduced the person next to him. 

"Please call me 'Childe' everyone does," he laughed a bit awkwardly. 

"Child?" Albedo blinked, confused. 

"With an 'e'...it's a long story," he sighed. 

"Zhongli didn't call you Childe," Albedo pointed out. 

"He...well, isn't everyone." 

"I see, well, pardon the interruption for your date." 

Albedo nodded and continued walking. He sat down on the bench in a nearby park and stared out at the individuals wandering around. Maybe one of them would be a good model. 

"Are you angry?" Kaeya's voice appeared from behind as he leaned against the back of the bench, staring at Albedo. 

"Why would I be angry?" 

"You walked off pretty hastily, took me a while to find you." 

"You weren't looking for me," Albedo replied. "You were abandoned again by your brother, I presume." 

"You certainly don't enjoy tact, do you?" Kaeya glanced at the sketchpad. "Why do you draw strangers?" 

"Research." 

"What kind of research requires that?" 

"Research that is used to make the most realistic androids," Albedo said. 

"Androids?" Kaeya paused. "Do you mean to tell me you are part of that company that makes those things?" he pointed to an advertisement hanging above one of the buildings to his right. 

"Something like that." 

"Fascinating." 

"I'm trying to find a human base for the next model of androids." 

"Oh?" 

"I think you would be very interesting for my research but I doubt you'd be very helpful," Albedo stopped sketching and made eye contact with Kaeya. "Considering you'd have to be honest to be of any use to me." 

"Are you saying I'm not honest?" Kaeya sat down next to Albedo and leaned closer to him. "What makes you say that?" 

"I imagine someone that has held onto unrequited feelings for many years has a problem telling the truth," Albedo shrugged. 

"What?" 

"If you can answer this question honestly," Albedo raised his finger. "I shall request you to be part of my experiment. If you can't, you are of no use to me. My androids need to be honest with their owners in order to be appreciated for their purpose as lovers. Lying about your feelings all the time will counteract what they were made for." 

"What's the question then?" 

"Are you in love with your brother?" 

Kaeya's visible eye widened slightly and he sat up straight. He stared at Albedo and opened his mouth, unable to reply for obvious reasons. 

Albedo stood up and placed his business card into Kaeya's hands. It was better this way. He didn't like reaching out to people first. "If you feel like you'd be interested in being one of my test subjects for data collection, feel free to answer the question at any time," he said. "I will be paying you for your time as well, and the data will be strictly confidential. No personal information gets used for the androids. However, one in about 0.001% of the androids remembers the model's name and uses it as their own." Albedo walked away without another word.