Epilogue

- several months into their "probationary" boyfriend period - 

Albedo and Kaeya were out on a date, as per usual. Kaeya held Albedo's hand and pointed at various things, expecting the encyclopedia of Albedo's mind to be unable to provide him with answers on something eventually. 

"There has to be something you don't know..." Kaeya insisted. 

"There are plenty of things I don't know. Why are you so insistent on trying to find something I don't know?" Albedo stared blankly. 

"I know my boyfriend is perfect but by now it's just a challenge to find something even the Great Albedo doesn't know," Kaeya laughed. 

"Probationary boyfriend," Albedo muttered, glancing away with a blush. 

"Haha, sure," Kaeya smiled. 

"Kaeya?" Childe waved and walked over. "I didn't think I'd see you here. Is this...?" Childe wasn't sure how to say 'your latest one-night stand' without sounding like an asshole. Albedo felt a bit defensive. He could tell what Childe was thinking even though the two had only met briefly once before. 

Albedo moved pulled his hand away from Kaeya's and wrapped it around his waist, partially hugging him. He stared at Childe with coldness in his eyes. "His boyfriend." 

Kaeya beamed. Albedo finally admitted to it. He placed his hand on Albedo's hair and ruffled it, draping his arm over his shoulder. "My boyfriend," Kaeya grinned. 

Childe, having previously been in a relationship with Kaeya and never having heard him admit to calling someone a boyfriend before...felt a bit put off. He wasn't jealous, per se, but definitely felt some conflicted feelings there. "Congratulations," he said, scratching his cheek. 

"Are you ready?" Zhongli appeared behind him. Childe jumped out of his skin and his worries disappeared. He smiled and nodded. The two went off in their own direction. 

Kaeya continued grinning and looked toward Albedo. "'My boyfriend' hm?" 

Albedo pulled away from Kaeya and crossed his arms, avoiding eye contact like the plague. "Probationary..." he cleared his throat. 

"You said boyfriend," Kaeya smirked. 

"Probationary." 

"Right, sure, okay," Kaeya laughed. 

"Probationary trial has ended," Albedo muttered. 

"What was that?" Kaeya leaned down to make eye contact since Albedo was still looking at the ground. 

"I didn't say anything," Albedo cleared his throat again and started walking forward. "Did you know that the sky isn't actually blue it only appears that way due to Rayleigh scattering-" he rambled on, changing the subject, with Kaeya following behind. Kaeya grabbed Albedo's hand again, expecting him to pull away, but instead he intertwined their fingers and continued rambling on about the sky.