13. FIRSTS

"Your face is so annoying, Miss Arora, it gives me a headache to even look at you for more than a few seconds." RK spat, leaning back on the black leather of his large chair as he swiftly placed one of his ankles on his other knee. Resting his elbows on the handrests, he touched his temple as he spoke, staring at her with a hard expression on his face.

"At least you have a few seconds of relief, RK Sir. Think about me." Prachi stated as a matter of fact as she simultaneously touched her temple once before returning her hand to its position on top of the other hand outstretched behind her back.

RK clenched his jaws at her reply, irked by her words as well as her actions which had accompanied them as she had imitated his move.

"It's just the first day, and you already speak..A. Lot. Miss Arora. I wonder if your hands work as much as your filthy tongue does." Spoke he, cocking his head to the side. "Come on, bring your massaging skills to some use, in case you have them." RK rested his head on the headrest.

"And if I say, I don't?" Prachi interrogated with a firm tone.

"Then learn." RK replied immediately. "Miss, P.A." He added.

Staring straight into his narrowed eyes for a minute, Prachi moved towards his chair as he shut his lids seeing her arrival. Standing close to him, she stared at his face with an emotionless expression on hers before lifting her hands towards him.

"So desperate to touch me, are you?" RK mocked as he felt her approaching fingers cast a shadow over his eyes, lifting his lids slowly, his gaze aimed at a direction straight ahead.

"Excuse me?" Prachi raised a brow at his sudden remark with a hard glare.

"I don't remember giving you the permission to touch me, Miss." RK announced, turning his head towards her. "Your standards are not so high." Said he, his gaze scanning her from top to bottom at his last sentence.

"My standards are high enough that I'm standing here before you just because you are the one who needs me." Prachi replied curtly, making him harden his gaze.

"And it's you who is the needy one here right now. And you know what do you need?" RK raised a brow at her. "A pair of gloves before daring to touch me with those fragile fingers of yours. Put them on before even coming near me."

"That's a good idea, RK Sir." Prachi's firm tone seemed to have become a shade fainter, which made RK narrow his eyes at her before her next words compelled him to tighten his jaws in anger. "My standards really don't allow me to touch someone like you." Spoke she with the same fierceness both in her voice as well as her visage.

"Trying to act oversmart?" He spoke through his gritted teeth.

"Just agreeing with you. What's the problem now?" Demanded she, to which his eyes displayed an even stronger hue of sheer annoyance and anger.

A knock at the door caused RK's parted lips which were about to serve his next reply, abut themselves harshly.

"Come in." Ordered he, his gaze never leaving hers.

As soon as the familiar voice granted him a much awaited permission, the man who had been pacing up and down the corridor of RK's cabin since a total of fifteen minutes now finally took a deep breath, mustering all his courage before gently pushing the large door open.

As soon as his eyes caught the view before him, he gulped hard in fear. RK who was sitting on his chair was staring intently at the person standing before him with nothing but an intense anger spreading across his features. A sight new for none who have met him before. But what shocked him was that the person, a woman to be precise, was staring back at him with an equal fierceness in her eyes. Not the most ideal view to be spotted near RK.