9. ENCOUNTER

Lifting the file in his hand, RK flipped through the pages, eyes searching for a particular image. As he caught a glimpse of the sheet of his quest, his narrowed eyes scanned the page with a strange curiosity shining in the usually cold pair of eyes.

[So sanyogitaprc its_khushiiii Angelic_cutiee Aviskha_Deuri were right about the file;) Sorry I forgot to mention you initially guys!]

Thirty six years of age. Twelve years of working experience. Been working with the agency since eight years. Never missed a shot. Never failed a mission. Never been caught. Knows how to handle all types of rifles. Sharp eyed. A sharp shooter. Has worked for a couple of celebrities, civil officers, as well as underworld dons. An experienced and respected person in the agency. Has received honours for bravery and work.

An ironic laugh escaped his lips, as his eyes scrutinized the commendable profile of the person who was defeated effortlessly moments before, in front of his own eyes. The person who had lost. Lost his life in seconds and was now lying lifelessly in a pool of blood. Rajiv Verma. That was his name. A man with a meritorious record who had stepped under the disguise of a protector, and was here with the intentions to end his life. A man with a laudable performance, who was killed easily by the throw of a knife, by a woman to be specific.

Aryan may have his doubts and may not, but RK was sure who was behind all of it. Buying a security agent as experienced and respected as this Rajiv was and making him ditch his own agency which he had been working for since eight years wouldn't have been easy. And there was only person who could go to such extents to see him breathe his last. There was only one person who hated him so much. And only one person whom he despised utterly. Well, at least he thought so. With a personality like his, one could never tell. But there was only one person for sure, who had been trying to achieve the same through multiple methods and cheap tricks since a long time. The person who had tried to achieve it even today through the security agent. And it was HIM. Oh, if only he knew HIM any less he would've given shelter to doubts.

Shaking his head with the ironic smile still shining in his eyes, he was about to close the file, when the page he was scrutinizing got flipped suddenly by a sudden gust of air. However, the image on the next page immediately held his attention, which had been earlier dedicated to his saboteur.

Twenty two years of age. Three years of working experience. Has joined the agency recently. Never lost a fight. Knows how to handle swords, javelins, arbalest, and almost all types of rifles. Sharp senses. Quick witted. Sharp shooter. One of the youngest agents, still highly talented. Has no working experience as such, but Highly Recommended by the agency due to the extraordinary skills possessed. One of the best agents of the organisation.

RK raised his brow, eyes scanning through the details of... Where was the name written? Oh, there it was!

Prachi Arora.

The woman whose insolence shining in her fierce eyes annoyed him everytime he thought about her.What an irony it was here as well! A woman was being recommended to him. And that too the woman who had gotten into his nerves the minute he had laid his eyes on her. The woman whose face filled him with a strange fury each time. The woman who had deftly killed a highly experienced senior. The woman who had twice in a row saved his lif... Well, whatever.

Closing the file, he threw it gently, as it rotated once, before landing on the table. RK got to his feet, walking towards his room, never bothering to have another look at the file behind him.