15. BEFORE THE CHANCE IS LOST

The expensive fluid surged down his throat swiftly, as he guzzled the liquid profusely. The extreme anger he had felt only minutes ago, swirling the images of the one person in his head all the while the green bottle rested on his lips. How on earth did she even dare to lock him up in his own car?! Him?! RK?! Oh, how he despised that look of victory in her insolent eyes! How he despised that cold tone of her voice! Her intolerable propensity to reply him back every time! Her uncaring attitude towards his words! How he despised her entire being!

The last drop escaping through the lustrous bottle didn't seem enough to quench his thirst for solitude at the moment. For the flashes of the particular incident refused to leave his mind. How dare a woman insult him like that?! Tossing the emptied glass container behind his back with all his force to the marbled floor, as the delicate material hit the stone loudly, it was torn apart into innumerable pieces scattering all over the ivory surface.

She deserved to be paid for what she did. And she deserved to be paid soon. And speaking of her earnings, she also didn't deserve to contaminate his thoughts for so long with her presence, as she did now. She didn't deserve to impact him so much. She didn't deserve to trigger even the emotion of anger in him that he felt now, in extremity. He wouldn't let her. Who the hell was she in his life? He needed to capture the intensity of his rage and compose himself. And so, he balanced himself on his feet, before heading towards his desired destination. Undoubtedly, there was only one place that could calm him effectively and immediately, without him even being aware of it. To pry his mind off someone who didn't matter in his life at all, he went to the place that was his life in itself, his entire life confined within just a few yards. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It's blank." Aryan uttered in a puzzled state, eyeing the object in his hand with a frown.

"I know, Sir." Prachi replied without a change of expression on her features.

"And would you like to explain the reason?" Asked he, tossing the cellphone lightly on the table before him. Why would someone keep an empty cellphone?! No folders, no documents, no pictures, no external applications, no history of calls, no texts - sent or received, and even no caller identities saved on it. Why couldn't anything about her be normal?!

"I like to keep it that way, Sir." Aryan raised a brow at her words. "As a bodyguard, I exchange certain information with certain people that can be really sensitive. Something that cannot afford a leakage in any terms, no matter what. And in my opinion, the only way to safeguard them is to keep them locked up just in the brain. So, everything extra gets destroyed with all its risks attached. No copies, no leakage. Just the originality exists, protected - here." She said the last word tapping her index finger on her temple twice. 

Aryan stared at her, dumbfounded by her reply for a while, before he could find his voice and tone again. "And, with no 'copies' of such important things, what if you mess them up?" Interrogated he, cocking his head.

"There's no chance, Sir. Anything seen just once, forever remains imprinted in here. There are no chances of holes in it." Prachi replied with the same tone of her voice, her voice never flickering even a bit.

"Overconfident?" Aryan demanded, seeing her conduct.

"Just confident. Enough. Confident enough to still remember the numbers on the badges of each and every guard placed in RK Sir's office - in series - along with their faces and placement positions. So I could inform you that 38974, the one supposed to be near the third storey elevators, wasn't anywhere to be traced just before the time we received the ambush ." Replied Prachi, making her interrogator stare at her in amusement.