Part 13 - What does a vampire do?

I stepped outside, feeling a sense of readiness for The Purge. My suit had undergone substantial upgrades, and I'd been residing at Mark's house since Nightshade moved into my apartment complex.

With a purpose in mind, I dialed The Swordsman's number, which he had given me during our previous conversation. It seemed prudent to check in with him before the impending chaos.

The Swordsman picked up the phone. 

"Detective?" he asked. "Are you ready?"

"It's Power-Punch," I replied, altering my voice with a surge of lightning to sound distinctly different from my civilian identity.

"Power-Punch?!" The Swordsman exclaimed, clearly surprised. "It's an honor to meet you!"

"Glad to see you've evolved since our first encounter," I responded.

"Don't worry," The Swordsman assured me. "I'll be taking care of everyone ranked below me. Me and the SWAT team will handle other matters."

"Good," I said. "Just remember, safeguard the innocents along with dealing with the threats."

"Of course," he affirmed. "You'll be handling Abyss, Venom, Shockwave, and Ripper, correct?"

"That's correct," I confirmed.

"These four are far more formidable than I am," The Swordsman admitted. "They represent the true threat of our enemies."

"Well, I've received some significant upgrades to my suit," I replied confidently. "So the task might not be as daunting as it sounds."

"Well, in that case, things could be better, but still, watch out," he replied.

"I'll make sure to," I replied.

"Especially watch out for Shockwave and Ripper," The Swordsman emphasized. "Those two are the main threats."

"Got it," I replied. "Is the SWAT Team with you?" I asked.

"Yeah," he replied. "I'm in the station with them."

"Good," I replied. "Head out and protect the South and East sides of the city - our intel suggests the four usually target the north and east."

"Will do," he replied.

"If you encounter anyone ranked below 11th, engage them with SWAT and advise them accordingly. If you spot any of the four, notify me immediately," I instructed. "If you don't have any additional questions, we'll commence in 5 more minutes."

"Heard you loud and clear," The Swordsman affirmed. "Let's do this."

"Right on," I replied with a determined smirk as I hung up, preparing to make my way to the northern sectors of the city.

"I think it's best to tackle them in order," Mark suggested. "Starting with Shade and Venom, then dealing with Shockwave and Ripper."

"Alright then," I agreed, ready to face the impending challenge head-on.

The streets were eerily empty, a predictable sight during The Purge. No one in their right mind would venture out amidst this annual bloodbath. Doing so would definitely result in death. 

It remained a disturbing fact that such an event even existed in this world. In Ninjago, such a concept would be met with disbelief; it was unthinkable. If someone brought this concept out in Ninjago, everyone would think that he needs to go see a doctor. 

But here, in this harsh reality, The Purge was all too real. 

I also realized that this had to be the last Purge. Only one year remained before Deathstroke, the orchestrator of this madness, would undoubtedly adapt and make an even more sinister scheme. The next Purge would be impossible to beat.