Prologue

I bolted forward, the building's dark hallway increasing my desperation. 

It couldn't have come to this - what I never wanted to happen was now happening. I thought that I could stop it all, that it would all just be here, but it wasn't. 

Why did fate have to do this?

"Don't do it!" I yelled, frustration bubbling as I hurled a lightning strike at Deathstroke as soon as I entered the generator room.

He, however, vanished into the portal a hair's breadth before my blast landed, not that it would have had any effect. At the moment, he was too strong for me to beat.

"This is bad..." I muttered aloud. "I can't go back there..."

Then, a soft, soothing voice interjected.

"You think you can face them again?" the voice asked. 

It was her.

I never thought she'd be willing to join forces with me, considering how our initial encounter went. I would have never expected she was against Deathstroke this entire time. Even the person who you thought was pure evil can turn out to be good. 

"I... I don't know," I hesitated, memories of what happened in Ninjago and the scars they left making it tough to contemplate forgiveness.

Her smile offered warmth and reassurance. 

"I'm here for you," she reassured.

"Are you sure about staying here?" I asked. "I could really use your help out there, you know?"

"It's just us now, everyone else is dead," she explained. "It makes much more sense for me to stay here. I'll take care of all the business here while you take care of Deathstroke," 

"But can't The Swat handle it?" I pressed for more info on her choice.

"Your leadership was the reason The Swordsman and the SWAT Team made it through The Purge in one piece," she responded, her expression calm and unfazed. "Without you, I'm the only one that can actually lead the SWAT"

"And the second reason has to be the rest of them," I finished, understanding what she was saying but still doubtful. 

She clasped my hand firmly, her eyes locking onto mine, and her determination. 

"Let me take charge here," she insisted. "I've been studying The Vipers for years; I know them from the inside out,"

"Will they all trust you?" I asked. "Everyone except us is now dead,"

"They have no choice, but to," she stated firmly. "What matters is protecting the city from The Vipers, only that,"

I sighed, giving in.

"Alright."

"Just trust the process," she replied, her gaze fixed on the night sky.

"The stars always seem so peaceful," I observed as I joined her in looking up.

"It's like... complete tranquility," she mused. "It's what the city could be if Deathstroke and The Vipers never existed."

"Do you think it's possible to achieve?" I inquired.

"What do you think?" she replied with a subtle, knowing smile.

"Cool," I said with a nod. "I'll be heading off now."

"Will I ever see you again?" she asked, her eyes searching mine.

"Maybe," I replied thoughtfully. "I'll have two choices to consider: stay there or return here."

"I won't influence your decision," she assured me. "But if you do decide to come back, I have... a request."

My curiosity piqued. "What's the request?"

"It's in this letter," she replied, handing it to me. "Read it once you finish off Deathstroke,"

"I'll keep that in mind," I assured. 

"Good," she replied. "Now, you have a job to do. Whatever happens, the end result needs to be you winning, not just in Deathstroke, but in life,"

"Absolutely," I affirmed, stepping into the portal to face what lay beyond.

It doesn't matter what would happen...I would put an end to this. And if I did put an end to this, I would return. 

This is the beginning of the end.

________________________________________________________________________________

Welcome to this book series!

The scene you saw above is a future scene in the story that will be implemented with much more detail and with the mysterious woman's actual identity. 

Some important info:

I do NOT own Ninjago or any of the other TV Shows and Movies that I have referenced in this book. All works belong to the creators of said shows and Ninjago.  

Updates will be triweekly to monthly, maybe biweekly. I have a very busy schedule, so updates will be in that range. To compensate for the very long update times, each chapter will contain at least 5000 words. 

With all that being said, I hope you all enjoy this book series!

-Agent EP