Chapter 9: Fire

Midnight smelt smoke. She seen Fuyumi on the ground with burn marks on her body. she wasn't going to leave her there. She collapsed to the ground near the door.. She coughed in hailing more smoke. She laid on the floor and closed her eyes welcoming death.

________________________________________________________________________________

Midnight soon opened her eyes to see the flames rising. she was wounded. She seen the fire department taking care of it. She smiled she was weak but smiled. She closed her eyes once again. 

Backdraft was taking care of the flames. He orders people to get the girls out. Midnight opened her eyes to a see a live of the house come crashing down on Fuyumi. She was fast enough and jumped over Fuyumi. She seen Fuyumi was out cold she let the Floor fall on her. 

She  fell unconscious right after it fell on her. The wood was on fire and burned her back. It also made her inhail more smoke. She laid on the ground bleeding and burning. She knew if Fuyumi was alive that mattered. 

They started to get the wood off of them. It was crushing midnight spine and her entire back. They finally got it off of the girls. They pulled two stretchers in for the girls. They  looked at the conditions of them. 

They seen Fuyumi and Midnight hands were holding. They knew it would be hard for them to move them. So they nodded and lifted them at the same time. They were surprised that it worked. They took them out of the house Fuyumi soon regained consciousness. 

They seen her barely awake the put a mask on her. They seen her oxygen levels were nearly normal. They took the girls to the hospital that was closets to them. They were pulled back into surgery as their family were contacted. They laid there whil going through surgery jsut to live. 

They soon hear the noise of heartbeat going blank. It was over for the girl. The one who sacrificed herself. That strong girl was now facing death and they couldn't save her. They tried everything they could but it was useless. 

Fuyumi was still unconscious. Her mind made her hand move a little bit. Midnight fell limp on the table. She was gone the fire killed her and they couldn't save her. Fuyumi and her hand touched something happened.

Fuyumi was able to let the coldness of her quirk run through midnight body. It was able to stop the burning on her body. Fuyumi was able to save midnight from death. But it was up to midnight to contour to fight. And her body started working again the surgery had finished. 

They just had to wait for the girls to wake up. Even tho the surgery went well midnight had 20% chance of living. And Fuyumi had 17% since her body couldn't handle the heat. They feared the girls wouldn't wake up. It was a waiting progress for them their bodies needed to heal. 

Endeavor body was found burned by the fire. The pros didn't understand why this happened. They had found a note of everything midnight had took notes on. They believed it had to deal with the secrets of the Todoroki Fanily. Endeavor was now resting in peace they covered the body in a white sheet.