2

" But when I went onto the balcony, no one was there. Like, a fall from that high would have killed them!" I explained to Sun Wukong and Mk. Mk was trying to balance on the top of the staff as Monkey King still ate his peach chips on his cloud. " Maybe it was just your imagination." Monkey King suggested. " Yeah probably. But something just feels wrong about it. Like beforehand I got a call from a blocked number even though I've never blocked anyways." I scratched my nail.

" That's weiRD-" Mk fell off the staff. I giggle as Mk tried again. " But no really, it was like he disappeared into the shadows or something!" Monkey King paused, his expression slightly disgusted when I said shadows. " Aah, I'm sure it's nothing." His expression went back to normal but his aura was off. " Uh, Monkie King? Do you know something?" I asked. Mk looked at the monkey. " Hm? Oh, no. Course not." He laughed, sitting up.

" Mhmm, yeaaaaaah. Alright." I stared at him for a moment before standing up. " Well, you continued to train Mk. I'm gonna hang with the monkeys." " Bye (Y/n)!" Mk said before falling again. I waved and walked away. I walked through the waterfall and past the body of water it flows into. A few monkeys came around me but didn't stay long since I continued to walk. I didn't know where I was going but I was just walking.

" Hey (Y/n)." I let out a scream and jumped. I almost punched the person speaking but realized it was just Mk. " Mk, you ass! What are you doing out here?" I asked. " Monkey King wanted to see how long it took for me to track you down. I say that was like 20 seconds." He smiled. I gave him a thumbs up. " Good for you bud. Go back to training now." I ruffled his hair. Mk used his staff to quickly get back to the Monkey King. I continued to walk.

I felt watched. I don't know why. Like the shadows had eyes. It wasn't like the monkeys were watching me. I know that feeling. This is...Different. I turned around and started to run. I ran back to the waterfall. I didn't care that I got water all over me, I ran straight through. " Woah woah! (Y/n) whats wrong?" Monkey King asked worriedly as I panted from running. Mk looked at me worriedly too.

After catching my breath, I explained what happened. Monkey King did not look happy. " Hey uh, Mk, why don't you go back to the city. You have a job remember." Monkey King smiled at him. " Oh yeah! See you Monkey King, see you (Y/n)!" Mk ran off. " Why did you basically tell him to leave?" I asked. " Shadows." Sun Wukong stated, " Shadow's means Macaque." I just stared at him. " Macaque? Didn't you say he was like, a friend or something to you but he went evil?"

Monkey King nodded, " He was my brother. Kinda. Uh, yeah let's go with brothers. He has a thing with shadows and if you feel like the shadows are watching you, it could be him." Monkey King did not look happy. " Already dealt with him not too long again and he's already back again." He muttered. " But why would he be on Flower Fruit Moutain? Or why would he be stalking me? I ain't special." I sat on a rock.

" Ok first off, you are special in so many ways. Second, I have no clue. Possibly because you know both me and Mk personally." Monkey King looked to the side. He sighed, " Just be careful ok. I don't want you hurt." Monkey King smiled at me. I smiled back, " I know you don't. I'll be careful I promise." I looked at my feet. Monkey King sat next to me on the rock. He put his arm on my shoulder and leaned on me. 

" If something happens, tell me ok. I'm gonna worry about you now. I know you can handle yourself if normal people, But you're way weaker than Macaque. He's a demon." Monkey King told me. " I know, I know. You've told me before. If I see him, I'll tell you. Don't pick a fight, he'll always win." I leaned on my hand. " That's right." He pat my back. " If you feel him here, I'll take you home." " It's ok. I'll be fine." I got up. " See you Sun Wukong."

I didn't think it was Macaque. I know Monkey King thinks it's him. But I really doubt it. I got some take-out before heading out. I set the box of food on the table and grabbed a soda from the fridge. I sat down and started to eat while looking at my phone. I decided to move my food and drink outside to the balcony where I had a small table and chair out. I don't know why but I'm eating out here now. I had a pretty view from up on the 9th story. I don't know why I hadn't eaten out here before. 

I picked up a piece of food and looked away for a moment to see a bird fly by. I went to put the food in my mouth but there was nothing. " Huh?" I looked around and didn't even see the piece back in the box. " Where the hell?" I sighed and grabbed a new piece. " Haha, seems like you're losing your mind?" A new voice spoke up which made me jump. I looked to the side and saw a monkey that looked a lot like Monkey King sitting on the railing to the balcony.

His fur was black instead of brown and the marking on his face more of a red. His skin brown instead of tan. His clothes of course different. " I'm assuming you're Macaque... Did you steal my food." I asked. " You've heard so much about me and you're worried about your food? Heh." He got down from the railing and walked over. " Well yeah, I paid for it." I picked up another piece. He took it from my chopsticks and ate it. 

" How rude." I closed the box. He chuckled, " Didn't Monkey King say to, you know, tell him when you see me?" He smirked slightly. " It's not like he has a phone and I can text him, idiot," I mutter that last part. " Did you say you weren't going to pick a fight?" He brought up. " Stop stalking me!" I stood up and grabbed my food. I turned to walk inside my apartment but something grabbed my leg. I looked down and saw a shadowy hand holding me. 

My eyes widened as I tried to get it off. " Don't struggle too much, you might drop your food." He chuckled. I did a ballsy move and flung my chopsticks at him. They hit him in the face and made his concentration weak. I used this to break free from the shadow hand and go inside my apartment. I locked the door and closed the curtains. I could hear him laugh a bit from outside. I gulp and just wait. I heard a few footsteps before silence. I looked outside and saw that he was gone. I sighed and decided to eat my food in my room, making sure to remember to tell Monkey King about this.