12

The festival ended and I had to face my mother again. She bombarded me with questions, scolding, and even some insults. " I, don't want to hate something that's supposed to make me strong. " I explained to her as we went to my home. " The White Tiger gave us a gift and you just exploit it." "I do no-" " Let me finish!" I snapped as she shut up. I sighed as I sat at my vanity, undoing my hairpieces and taking out the extensions. " You flaunt our heritage yet never let us really explore it. You use it to brag but never took the time to think on how the tiger feels. You shut out what we can become. Hao-Yu even tried to get in touch with out history but the tiger has shut him out. If you shut out the tiger, the tiger will shut you back out. " I took a makeup wipe to my face.

" Well, I wanna embrace it! I'm not shutting him out any longer. I do not hate him, I do not fear him." I looked at my mother who stared at me. " I'm making peace with myself. Goodnight mom." I got up and pushed her out before shutting the door to my apartment. I sighed as I went back to cleaning my face. " Peace...with myself" I sighed as I looked at my hands. " Im making peace with you" I whispered as I got up. I cleaned my house and got a wooden try. I put different snacks in it and left it on my counter before diving into my bed.

When I woke up I felt, better. I got up and grabbed some clothes. I would just wear all black but instead, I grabbed a white crop top and a black pencil skirt. I went to my bathroom and removed my clothing piece by piece before stepping into the shower. I turned on the water while standing away from the shower head. I dipped my hand into the water and changed the temperature a few times before sliding under the faucet. I let the water sink into my hair and run down my back. The warmth washed over me as water dripped down from my chest and down my legs.

I took a deep sigh as I opened my eyes, my eyelashes catching the water as to not get into my eyes. I've always enjoyed being in the water, especially in warm water. Just so, relaxing and fun almost. I smiled as I got to washing my body and hair. I took extra time to relax and embrace the warmth and getting clean. Soon enough, I turned off the water and stepped out. I stepped carefully onto the mat outside of my shower and wrapped a towel around my body. I shivered as I wrapped my hair into a towel as well.

I dried my body and put on a bathrobe. I dried my hair with a hairdryer before stepping out of my bathroom and out of my room wearing some slippers. I walked into my kitchen and noticed the tray I had left out. Some snacks were missing and a note was left. I picked it up and read it. A simple thanks and the most god-awful drawing of Macaque. Looked right out of a how-to-draw anime book. I couldn't help but roar with laughter. " Oh god this..this is horrible!" I laughed and put the note in my junk drawer. " Arent you rude" I yelped and turned around.

 Macaque was sitting at my dining table. " Hmpf." "I'm sorry but your art style is so bad." I snickered and got out a pan to make some breakfast. " Want some french toast?" I offered as he leaned back in my chair. " First the snacks now breakfast? What are you a housewife" " I will beat you raw." I threatened as I got out the ingredients from my fridge. " heh, yeah sure" He smiled as I got to cooking. We sat in silence as I soon plated breakfast and sat down in front of him. 

I set down the plates and ate as he looked at me. " You were serious?" " Yeah?" " Why?" I looked at him and rolled my eyes. " Ill take it if-" " No fuck you" he ate with a huff. I snickered and looked down, " Well, you're not that awful. You made me have a lot of fun yesterday too" I smiled as he looked at me. " Heh,  yeah I guess I did blow your world huh" " Now you're pushing it" " you love me" " No." I huffed as I ate with him. " So, you like hanging out with me?" " You made me have fun at a horrible event. you did kidnap me, but I still had fun" 

Macaque looked at me before smiling. We ate in peace. Well peaceful until suddenly MK kicked open my door. " (Y/N)!" He shouted and noticed us. " oh-" " Hi MK you can knock" " Wait why is Macaque here!?" " I let him in" I finished breakfast and offered to make MK some. He agreed and  took my spot. he glared at Macaque who flicked a toothpick at him. It landed in MKs hair and I had to come over to pick it out. " Boys. Behave." I warned before giving MK a plate of french toast. I sat back down as Macaque got up. 

" One gets up, one goes. See yeah sweetheart" Mac winked and disappeared into the shadow on the wall. MK slowly looked at me. " That was a teasing nickname MK shut up." " Damn" " DAMN!?" " Drama" He laughed and hugged me. " Aww" " Monkey King wants to see you." " Fuck."