Chapter Seven

Lisa stood outside Jax's bedroom door and knocked.

"Come in," he called.

The brunette opened the door and smiled when she spotted her friend sitting at his desk. He looked up and smiled back when he saw Lisa. "Hey, Liz"

Over the past few weeks, Jax had been out of school and at home with his parents as they coped with Gary's passing. Lisa made sure to stop by every few days and check in on the family. Feelings were still raw, but slowly returning to the norm. The brunette knew Jax was not completely the same, but he was still her best friend.

"Hey," she said coming in, closing the door behind her. She came in holding a plastic shopping bag and stood near her friend. "What are you working on?" Lisa asked, peering over his shoulder.

"Oh, just some makeup work for school. What's that?" he asked, pointing to the bag.

"Oh." She reached into the bag and pulled out two of the latest comic books of Captain America. Jax stood from his desk, his face lighting up. "I figured you might be behind a few issues." Jax took the offered comics and smiled. Lisa had to admit, it was nice to see a happy expression on the redhead's face. It has been really rare lately.

"Thanks, Liz." He set the comics on the desk before giving the brunette a quick hug.

"You're welcome, nerd." She smiled, excepting the hug. She walked a few steps near Jax's bed and plopped down taking her usual spot the beanbag.

Jax sat back down at his desk and swiveled his chair in the brunette's direction. "So, anything new with you?"

Lisa instantly thought of a certain cat eyed blonde and her face broke out into a grin.

Jax raised an eyebrow in question. "Okay, why are you smiling like a freak right now?"

"I'm happy," the brunette shrugged, a smile still on her face.

"Ah. You're happy because??"

"Jennie is talking to me."

"Oh, that's great!" Jax beamed. "So, you guys worked things out?"

The brunette nodded. "Yeah, we did."

"Good. Now, I can stop hearing you pout about it twenty-four seven," he teased.

"Jax."

"Lisa?"

"I kissed Jennie."

Jax looked at Lisa for a moment before releasing a small chuckle. "What do you mean you kissed Jennie? You did not kiss Jennie you liar."

Lisa shook her head. She had a small smile on her face but looked at her friend with seriousness in her eyes. "I did."

The redhead stood from his seat and put his hands on his hips. "Bullshit. You're sitting there telling me right now that you kissed Jennie Kim."

"I did kiss her."

Jax regarded Lisa for a moment and he contemplated if his friend was telling the truth. He then shook his head refusing to believe it. "Lisa you're lying. How can she go from totally ignoring you one minute, to kissing you the next?! You're messing with me right?"

"Not this time."

Jax continued to look at her unconvinced.

"You don't believe me?" the brunette took out her phone and began to press the contacts icon on the home screen.

"What are you doing?" the redhead frowned.

"Texting Jennie. I'm putting? Hey beautiful. I can't wait to kiss you again. I'll call you later tonight."