Chapter Ten

It was a cool evening as Lisa made her way through the park. As she was walking down the familiar path, she saw Jennie standing in the distance waiting for her by their tree. The brunette's heart began to pound and she took a settling breath, trying to calm herself, as she got closer and closer to her girlfriend. Jennie warily lowered her eyes as Lisa was standing just a few feet away now.

"Hey?" Lisa got out.

"Hey?" the blonde replied, softly. She still could not look into Lisa's eyes.

Lisa blew out a nervous breath and shifted her weight. "Jennie?"

The blonde slowly raised her eyes and Lisa saw the sadness trapped in them. The brunette's heart ached seeing that.

"I? I know you're mad at me? and you have every right to be..."

Jennie stared at her, waiting for Lisa to continue.

"And? oh God." Lisa sighed, feeling stupid she put herself in this situation. She reached in her back pocket and pulled out a piece of paper that she had decided to grab from her room at the last minute. "I um? I want to read it to you. Well... I need to read this... if that's okay?"

Jennie had a bit of a puzzled expression on her face and the brunette felt vulnerable asking for her girlfriend's permission. The blonde met her gaze and nodded.

"Okay," Lisa cleared her throat and began to read.

Lisa hesitantly looked up and Jennie's eyes were shimmering with tears

"Was that about me?" the blonde asked softly.

Lisa nodded and then placed the paper back in her pocket. She took a hesitant step forward and kept her eyes locked with the blonde's. "It's always been about you Jennie?I'm so sorry about this afternoon. You were right. I was being selfish."

Jennie bit her lip and she ducked her eyes. Lisa stepped closer and gently took the blonde's hands into her own.

"I hate when you're mad at me. It tears me up inside. I didn't know prom meant that much to you... and I had to read you that poem because... for the longest time I did see you. and to have you see me and love me? it's like a dream come true. I just wanted to remind you and really remind myself how special you are to me."

The blonde smiled fully now, but a few happy tears fell down her face.

"So, Jennie Kim. Will you go to prom with me?" Lisa asked, softly.

Jennie suddenly wrapped her arms around Lisa's neck and captured the brunette's lips in a gentle kiss. Lisa felt happy relief as she kissed Jennie back. The blonde leaned back and stared into the happy chocolate eyes.

"Yes, Wolfie. I'll go to prom with you." she whispered against Lisa's mouth.

Lisa was ecstatic. She picked the blonde off the ground and twirled them in a circle. Jennie giggled and held on tight for the ride. Lisa could stand one night of cheesy romance. As long as it made Jennie happy.