10.

Ares's P.O.V.

It is 5AM and we are in the study, unable to sleep because we want to know the truth. Genevieve is peacefully sleeping in her room, cuddling with Biscuit and Fuzzy. 

I took the journal and my brothers set cups of sugar-free black coffee on the coffee table, sitting in front of me on the big, black arm-chairs. 

"Ready?"- I asked and they nodded, needing answers and closure as much as I do. 

I opened the journal, unable to stop smiling at the sight of our dad's cursive handwriting. Line by line, I read out-loud every single word, neither of us able to wrap our mind around everything. 

"My boys, my sons. 

I am so sorry for having put you through such rough time, for having left you with the thought that you have no family left and for putting so many burdens on you at such young age. 

I don't know when you will find this journal, but I know for certain that you will because you are my children, my strong and intelligent Morales men. 

There is so much I have to tell you and warn about, but I promise that all I did was for your sake. But before I begin, I want you to know that you are not alone in this world. 

You have little sisterGenevieve Louisa-Vivian Morales.

All of this began when your mother said that she wanted a divorce as soon as possible. I loved her too much to deny her freedom that she desired so much, yet I had no heart to leave the three of you without a mother. For 4 months I kept trying to fix whatever went wrong with our marriage, we kept making up and quarrelling, unable to find compromise. 

Finally, after the 6th month of never-ending arguments, I signed the divorce papers, not wanting you to see the fighting and remember your childhood as constant yelling and bickering. 

Years passed. 

Your mother and I happened to cross paths again. We argued and ended up in bed. The next day she was gone with no traces left behind. I let her go, knowing that I can only make it worse.

All could have been fine until your mother blurred out to Roy, my right hand at that time, that she wanted a divorce not because I did something wrong or she wasn't happy. She wanted it because she fell in love with someone else and like cherry on top, after our last encounter she got pregnant with my child and didn't want it. She wanted to get abortion and knew that I wouldn't let her. 

And I didn't. I wanted this baby more than anything. I found your mother and after hours of begging your mother to bear me this child, she agreed in exchange for 1 million dollars and me taking the baby under my roof completely. I agreed without hesitation. 

I was thrilled to bits when I learnt that it is a girl and couldn't wait to tell you. But I was too quick to think that everything could have been that smooth.

When your mother was 3 months pregnant, I got into set up car accident. She arranged it, hoping for my demise, which she didn't get, but decided to make you believe in it: casket,  funeral, police. The crashed Rolls-Royce was indeed mine, but nothing else about what you were forced to believe is true.