36.

4 in the morning.

Elizabeth's P.O.V.

I woke up with needful urge to have a glass of water.

I glanced at my husband, smiling at his cute sleepy smile. Not to wake him up, I quietly and gently wiggled out of his tight, snug embrace and exited our room soundlessly, closing the door on my way.

As I went to the staircase, barely noticeable cry and whimper made my heart race. I glanced at the door of little sweetie's room, approaching it in worry, and quietly peeked inside, only for my eyes to water and for me to come to her side.

I sat next to her and gently held her tiny, cold hand, caressing it fondly.

"Sunshine, wake up."- I whispered softly, kissing her forehead as she shifted back and forth, tears rushing down her cheeks as she whimpers.

Nightmares.

God, I want to take them all away forever.

"Shh, baby, it's okay. Wake up, my honey."- I soothed Genevieve tenderly, caressing her small hand dotingly with my thumb.

She spoke some words from fear, clutching on my hand involuntary as I gently tried to wake her up, keeping my touch and voice feathery not to horrify her.

"Je veux ma momie."- almost whispered Vivi, crying in her sleep, time standing still at her words. (I want my mummy.)

Her mummy.

Just as those words escaped from her, she jolted wide awake and cried, holding onto my hand.

"Shh, everything is okay, my little princess. You are okay."- I soothed her lovingly, tenderly scooping her small self in my arms onto my lap, rocking her delicately.

"Don't go, mummy."- whispered pleadingly Genevieve, clutching onto me, making my eyes water.

Mummy.

It was me, whom she asked for. I am her mummy. She sees me as her mummy.

I am her mummy. Just...Bloody hell, I need more than a moment for myself.

"I am not going anywhere, baby. Shh, you are alright, sweetheart."- I whispered vulnerably, hugging her protectively, my heart racing with so many emotions.

"Shh, I am right here, angel. I am yours and I am right here, my little treasure."- I spoke softly, kissing her temple as she snuggled into me, hiding in my embrace.

"Je t'aime, momie."- murmured so meaningfully and purely Vivi, tears rushing down my cheeks. (I love you, mummy.)

"Je t'aime tellement, ma petite fille."- I whispered to her, my world turning only around her, my heart swelling with love, joy, care and worry. (I love you so much, my little girl.)

I soothed my small princess, whispering sweet things to her, rocking her delicately. She kept calling me her mummy, each time more profoundly than the last, and God, I cannot have enough of it.

Pierre's P.O.V.

Soft bark woke me up and I came face to face with wide awake Biscuit and still empty spot next to me. I got up and went to look for my love, stumbling upon slightly opened door of our baby girl's room.