2.

Thank fuck for lunch.

I couldn't take another minute pretending like I gave a damn. I'm sure nearly every kid here is bored at school, but when you literally know what's going on and nothing is new, it's a whole new version of bored. 'Is this how smart people always feel like all the time?'

Following the masses I realise everyone is heading to the cafeteria. Yep, nope. I'm not going in there until I know atleast one person. Pulling away from the crowd I exit out a side door and am met with gorgeous heat.

October in Texas feels like a beautiful winters day in Australia. Raising my face to the sky I gently smile to myself as the sun warms me. The grounds of the school are surprisingly very tidy. The grass is manicured, the red brick walkway, clean but even out here most the tables and benches are strewn with bodies. 'Bleachers it is.'

By the time I make my way up and sit on the cold metal bench, I'm feeling very toasty. Removing my leather jacket, I lay my head down on my bag, continuing my date with the sun. A slight sinking feeling meets my stomach when I remember how the days are only going to get colder. Summer is my favourite season and this one was going to top them all.

Feeling the ache of homesickness I sigh, lifting my head to reach around into my bag, feeling for my apple. Mum had given me cash for lunch today but no way was I going in there. My snacks will have to do.

Who would have thought I would be happy that I wasn't listening to music while basking in the warmth of the sun. My breathing had slowed and I was on my way to an amazing nap when I hear "WATCHOUT!!"

Sitting up abruptly, I only have a moment to react, catching the footy that almost smacked me in the head. Feeling the jolt through my wrists and elbows, I am instantly frustrated. 'Who the fuck ruined my oncoming nap.'  Lowering my hands, I see a guy running across the field, smiling wide and looking straight at me. Clearly too dense to realise the scowl on my face should be a warning to stay away.

"Hey, sorry about that pretty girl, wanna pass me the ball." He calls up to me from sidelines of the field. Hands open, chest height, he waits for me to toss it to him.

Slowly righting myself, I make my way down the stairs onto the grass, walking towards him.

"What, can't throw a ball." He teases on a chuckle. An annoying smirk playing on his lips. As I get closer he hold his arms out further for me, still waiting. Taking the last few steps towards him with a quick one-two, I drop the ball and kick. Hard.

Following the ball with my eyes as it clears the goal posts, I face him. "Go fetch, big boy."

Turning away, I stroll back up to my seat and lay back down. 'Now, where was I.' I snuggle back into a comfortable position only for the warning bell to chime obnoxiously. "Ugh! I don't wanna." I whine to no one but myself.

I think I'm going to have to sit my parents down and just tell them that I'm not doing a repeat of my senior year. I'll go work, somewhere. It has to be better than coming to school and not being taught anything new.

I lied before, I can be taught something new. Patience, lots and lots of patience. Mr Heckles, the music teacher, decided that I arrived too late in the semester so I wouldn't be any help to the class except to be his assistant. No, lets dismiss the fact that I can actually play the piano, know how to read sheet music and can sing if I have to.

My molars hurt from how hard I was clenching my jaw by the end of the class. Thank all that is holy that this was the last class of the day. It's not my peers fault that he can't keep rhythm and chose the most boring songs in history. They sounded terrible.