39. His Choice

"Why won't you kiss me!" Her whinging is grating on me even more than usual

"Why won't you kiss me!" Her whinging is grating on me even more than usual. "I don't get it," she continues. "These last couple of weeks were great and then this week, nothing!"

On a scale of 1 to 10, how much of a douchebag would it make me if I tell Ashley that I only made out with her, once. a week ago because I was missing a certain Aussie girl. My Aussie girl.

11. Probably 11 on the douche scale.

"It's because of her, isn't it?" She all but growls only to flip and purrs while running a nails softly down my forearm, "Just tell, I promise I won't be mad." Well that's a bold face lie. I know it. She knows it. Mica's not even in this room and I could hear him rolling his eyes at her because he knows it too.

Ashley's always been like this. I've known her since middle school. She used to be nice. I clearly remember her being really sweet when my sister passed away and I had a week off school. But it's like when she hit puberty, lost the chubby little girl look and grew some boobs that she decided everything had to be her way, including making me her boyfriend even though I never was attracted to her like that.

Well, except at that one party last year where we both drank too much, actually I'm pretty sure I was nearly on the cusp of drunk, but we ended up in her room. Neither of us were virgins by that stage so I thought nothing off it when we put our clothes back on and went back to partying with our own groups of friends... until the next Monday at school when she started taking my arm and walking with me to classes like we were a couple.

We weren't a couple

Never were.

Ever since than I've been made to feel like an arrogant asshole whenever she gets moody at me for not returning any type of affection. I don't even consider her a friend anymore. A friend would respect my decision when I say 'no.' She acts like I haven't said anything at all. She hasn't turned stalkerish or anything, but she likes to drop my name into conversation with other girls, and I mean, Taylor literally heard her calling me her boyfriend this week.

Now, the only time it seems like I can get away from her constant whining or attempts to drag me in for a kiss is by running onto the field or latching myself to Leila.

She fucking haaates Leila.

Pro's and Cons with that though. A major con - I don't want to use the girl I like as a ward against the girl that doesn't understand that a 'No' from me means 'not ever...again. Not ever again.'

Mica's never liked her. Even when we were younger. He'd always look at her like she smelt really bad, scrunching his nose up and edging away, sometimes dragging me with him. Not much has changed actually, he still cringes when she talks, only now when he edges away, sometimes he takes a smirking Leila along with him.

Ash was in peak form today. In every class we were in together she attempted to get my attention, but all I had on my mind were how Leila's lips felt against mine. How she tasted. How she felt under my hands, holding her against me in the club, against the stacks...