▪ ten ▪

"promise youll never forget me and youll text me everyday"

"I promise"

2 MONTHS LATER

A: where are you

V: im like 5 minutes away

A: well hurry up your milkshake is melting

V: well you should've waited to order it then shouldn't you

A: so do you want me to return it then?

V: no no, im sorry babe. ill be like 2 minutes okay?

A: kk

Archie sighs and half slams his phone on the table of the booth at pops, running a hand through his hair.

"girlfriend troubles?" A voice came from behind him.

Archie turns around and sighs "how did you guess"

"its not that hard to spot a damsel in distress" Jughead chuckled. Hopping over the booth and joining Archie.

Archie laughs and takes a sip of his milkshake " what are you doing here anyway?"

"waiting for Betty, we are meant to be having a date but she is-" he says looking at his watch "10 minutes late"

Archie nodded in agreement "so is Val" The two teens shrug and share a few looks until Archie hears the pops bell ring and two girls walk in "speak of the devil"

"hey guys, I bumped into Valerie outside and we thought of an amazing idea" Betty spoke sliding in next to her beanie wearing boyfriend "double date!"

Archie and Jughead both look at eachother with wide eyes until Jughead responds with "what a great idea"

"what about you Arch, what do you think?" Betty pressured.

"well I mean your all here so it would be stupid not to" He shrugged.

"Archie!" Valerie said hitting his shoulder .

"What im being honest" He snapped.

The rest of the teens just rolled their eyes and went and started a conversation, not fazed by Archies cocky response. He really hadn't been the same since his trip to Brazil you could ask anyone and they would say the same.

Archie thinks about Veronica everyday.

Not a single day goes by when he doesn't think about the beauty.

Him and Veronica kept their promises of texting each other everyday, well until about a month ago. Everyone kept telling him that he had to move on and he cant stay hung up on this one girl who he is most likely never going to see again. So Archie found a new girlfriend to take his mind off of Veronica and it was working... mostly.

The two couples were sat in the booth ordering milkshake after milkshake and burger after burger, all caught up in conversations of what they are gonna do after senior year and college stuff when the bell for pops rang again. Because its a very busy night Archie doesn't really pay attention to who it is so he looks up for a second; he looks back down again just to look back up again when he notices a familiar flash of raven hair.

When he saw her his lips parted and went dry. She looked gorgeous, still like he remembered but just more mature, even though it had only been 2 months. She looked over at him and her face lit up as she started to walk over to the group.

"no, no, fuck" Archie mumbled scooting over Valerie and sliding out of the booth.

"Arch were are you going" Valerie asks standing up next to him.