twelve

it was now lunch and everyone was sitting around the table well everyone apart from Veronica.

"Um has anyone seen Veronica" Betty asked looking around the cafeteria to see if she could see the raven haired girl and to her surprise she did see her. But she was sitting at the back, alone.  Betty sighed and stood up and started to head towards Veronica.

"Betty where are you going" Valerie questions still laughing from the joke Jughead had told.

"I'm going to see if Veronica is okay" she says standing up picking up her lunch and walking over to her. "Hey V, how comes your sitting here by yourself."

Veronica shrugs looking up at betty with a frown "I just don't feel very 'welcomed' in the group" Veronica says using quotation marks as she sees Valerie giving her a death stare from the other side of the cafeteria.

Betty looks over to see what has caught veronicas attention when she sees the little look that Vals giving her "Valerie is just being... well Valerie, she really is a nice person she is probably just a bit confused"

"Confused about what?" Veronica asked also confused now.

Betty was about to say something when Valerie also comes over to the table and sits down "so what are we talking about girls" She asks with a huge friendly smile, like she wasn't just cutting through Veronicas soul with her eyes a couple minutes ago.

"Nothing" Veronica replied with a sarcastic tone giving Valerie a cheap smile.

Betty could see the tension rising between the two of them so she decided to break the awkward silence "hey V, are you into cheerleading?" She asks sitting down.

Veronica shrugs her shoulders "yeah I'm not the worst"

"You should join the cheer squad" Betty beamed, pretty happy with herself for coming up with a helpful way to get Veronica too fit in "shouldn't she val" Betty says giving her the 'look'

"Yes. We would be very happy to have you try out" she smiles cockily.

Veronica sighs and presses her lips together "fine, where do I have to go"

-

"Okay guys this is Veronica lodge" Betty said introducing her to the rest of the team. "And she is going to be trying out for the team" She smiles leaving to stand by the rest of the team to give Veronica space for her rountine, she bends down and presses play on the music player and she they stand there waiting for the music to play.

Veronica was nervous because there was loads of girls standing there and she hasn't actually done any sort of dancing for years, but she decides to just take a deal breath in and let the music take control of her body.

After her performance she left the whole team gasping and proud and she can hear a few whistles coming from the other side of the gym which seemed to be coming from a bunch of the football team. But she only noticed one person, well I mean he is the only ginger so.. She could see him with a slight smile on his face so she decided to smile back but when she turned to look at the cheer squad again she could see that Valerie did not look very happy.

"Your in" Betty said with a huge smile on her face going over to give Veronica a hug "you were amazing" she said with the rest of the girls going over to her and hugging her.

Sorry for the really long break, I've had a huge case of writers block and I haven't really been in the mood to write especially not after the poor performance of varchie written by the stupid writers 🙄 anyways this chapters a little short but hopefully it will keep you all happy ig. I'm gonna try and write more but I'll see where it takes me lol

Have a good day😚😚