(19) 🌹 RIDDLE ROSEHEARTS: THE BUTTERFLY EFFECT

Yandere Riddle x gn!reader

Another update! This is a short one so I hope you will all like it. I'll not be updating till 17 July, gotta catch up for my upcoming exams. And thank you all! Your comments really make my day. 

WARNING

Well, I guess this is the most passive yandere I've ever written, so no warnings lol.

_______________________________

"I love them."

Riddle regretted the moment when he had admitted this bittersweet truth. It swept off any previous thoughts in an instant, drowning them into the deepest pits of his mind. The crimson ruler wondered that since when did he start to feel this way.

Was it that time when he had seen you choking on his sorry excuse of a tart and chortling a laugh afterward? Or was it when you had sought him out themselves to enjoy a cup of tea together? It also could've been that time when your fingers brushed past each other while picking up the same book? Oh, there were so many options that he just couldn't decide!

Riddle looked at himself in the mirror again and internally frowned at the expression reflected back at him. No one could mistake that lovestruck expression for something else. Red dusting his either cheek, deep breathing as if he were dying with his pupils dilated into literal hearts at the thought of you alone.

What would his mother say if he saw him like this?

He gritted his teeth in anger, clenching his fist. Riddle hated this feeling, this fuzziness and kind warmth which you gave to him, a gift far too precious to part with. Like the fresh morning wind, you made him feel relaxed and calm, and filled his never-changing fate with bliss, changed him from the tyrant that he was before. Then, why did it hurt him so badly? What was this burning sensation in his chest which never ceased to stop? You are so naïve and vulnerable, always getting yourself into unfavorable situations where his heart hitches in his throat.

And it's all because of your good-for-nothing friends. They have you roped into their trouble and you always pay the price.

Dragging himself out of his room was a herculean task for Riddle. He couldn't afford to be late for the unbirthday party but neither could he face you without feeling to throw up. All these sinful thoughts, the anger which rages on inside him like a tsunami, it's all your fault.

He's the Heartslaybul's dorm leader for Great Seven's sake! How could he let himself get swayed by your capricious nature like that! You were nothing more than an unfortunate student with no magic and stranded in a world utterly unknown to you. So, pure and innocent to the world as twisted as this. You were the sort of prey on whom people fed on, tearing away their very soul until nothing was left to be eaten.

So, if you couldn't protect yourself, then has to protect you himself.

Riddle looked at the green vial with mild satisfaction. He felt disgusted by what he was about to do but didn't discard it, instead, he clutched onto its burning seams like a moth attracted to its flames. He knew that you would hate him, hell even curse him, but he had grown too tired from this endless charade.

If his love was a harbinger of suffering, then he would gladly welcome his fate. But he would never let go of you.

Riddle would make his way to the gardens, smiling maniacally as he imagines the innocent smile you would have on your face as you would drink his poisonous love with your own hands.

And why wouldn't you? It's only natural to bear responsibility if the fault is yours, isn't it?