𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

𝚐𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝚒 𝚍𝚒𝚍𝚗𝚝 𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚌𝚔𝚢 𝚐𝚎𝚗𝚎𝚜
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

As soon as we arrived back at the hotel I made a beeline for my room with the big, comfortable bed. Peter insisted we hang out around Berlin sometime that day so I told him after my thirty minute nap.

I almost forgot to change out of my suit and into normal clothes. Sure enough, when I peeled my eye mask from my face a bright, purple bruise circled my right eye.

I decided to just sleep and do my makeup over it later.

I fell asleep almost as soon as my head hit the soft, soft pillow.

..............

"Kate?" My eyes fluttered open and I saw Peter leaning over me, a greenish bruise on his cheekbone and a large scar above his left eyebrow, "It's been thirty minutes."

I laughed, "alright, we should put some makeup over these bruises, though."

I pushed myself up and stretched. Half of my blanket were drooping off the bed and my hair was an absolute mess.

"And maybe I should freshen up a bit."

I changed into nicer clothes and ran a brush through my hair before pulling out my makeup bag.  I dabbed some concealer around my eye and hoped for the best.

Peter was sitting on my bed looking at his phone when I left the bathroom.

"I don't know if I have your shade," I interrupted his silence, holding up the makeup bag.  Peter chuckled.

"It's fine, nobody'll notice anyway," He shrugged and got to his feet, "Come on!"

He impatiently took my by the hand and dragged me out of the hotel room, barely giving me enough time to grab my bag and phone on the way out. 

We left a note for Happy and took off into the city.  Neither of us could drive so we decided to walk around.  The hotel was downtown so it wasn't far from many stores or parks.

The streets were bustling with people in colourful clothes and loads of makeup.  There were dancers and photographers and little shops set up along the sidewalks.

"Woah, look at this!" Peter dragged me over to a little set up with various trinkets on display.  I smiled at how creative it was.

"Hey, Kate!" I turned to Peter. He was holding up a box, inside we're two bracelets.  One bracelet was made of white beads and the other was made of black, "We should get these!"

I shook my head but the smile never left my face.

"Only if I get to pay."

"No way, I'm paying," Peter insisted, giving the bracelets to the man behind the counter and pulling out his wallet.

"Wait-"

"Nope," He wrapped an arm tightly around me bounding my arms against my body. He was stronger than me but I still struggled, pouting when his grip didn't loosen.