𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

#𝟺𝚕𝚒𝚏𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚜𝚜
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"-Your project is due next week—I will be picking the partners so stop looking at each other like that—and you will have the rest of this week's classes to work on it. Now partners..." Miss Anson trailed off, tapping her paper with a red pen, "Yeah, no I wrote this at like two in the morning and I realize now these partners aren't gonna work, I'll just pair you kids up here."

Miss Anson, our English teacher was known to be everyone's favourite teacher due to her carelessness towards her class. She's a good teacher, just not a strict one.

I leaned my head on my hand, fidgeting with my beaded bracelet, as she began to rattle off names.

"James and Cassidy, Flash and Ned, Michelle and Harry...."

There was no rhyme or reason whatsoever.

"Kate and Peter-"

I sat up strict and glanced around the room. Peter and I made eye contact and grinned. We were gonna crush this assignment.

After class we met up for our homework block and discussed.

"I'm so jealous of you, Parker," I grumbled.

"Why?"

"Your partner is way hotter than mine," I shrugged, my face dead-serious.  Peter laughed, his eyes lighting up in shock and punched me lightly on the shoulder.

"Whatever, so we have to write an essay...anything?" Peter asked, reading over the paper.  He didn't deny my previous statement.

"Wait like anything we want?"

"Looks like it."

Flash walked past with Ned trailing miserably behind him, "I bet Lang and Parker are gonna write about their 'Stark Internship' with 'Tony Stark' and the 'Avengers'" he joked.

I narrowed my brows at him, "That's not how air quotes work."

"Whatever." He sauntered off, Ned shooting us a solemn look of defeat.

"That's not a bad idea, though, we could write about the internship!"

"What do you mean?" I asked knowing full well that we couldn't expose our identities in an essay.

"You know, getting coffees for Mr Stark, learning about how he builds his suits and stuff!" Peter explained. The look in his eyes told me that he knew what I was thinking.

I sighed and looked around briefly before pulling him into the janitors closet.

"Peter," I started in a whisper, "Stark hasn't contacted us in a month."

"I know that but we're still part of the internship," He argued.

"We haven't talked to him since that whole fiasco with Cap and we sure as hell can't tell people that we're the spandex superheroes protecting their city."

Peter frowned and leaned against the wall.

"You've been getting texts from them," He said quietly.