Wedding Rings

Two days later

They were engaged, sort of. To them and their friends they were, legally not so much. The law hadn't caught up yet with today's modern views on love. Maybe one day they could make it official, but until then they'd have their ceremony and sign all the legal documents giving each of their second and thirds as much of equal rights as any legally married wife or husband. Bucky sat between his fiancee's while they planned their commitment ceremony with Natasha and Wanda.

Less than one month and he would be bound forever with the woman he loved and his best friend. If Elena and Steve hadn't wanted the whole big fancy shabang he would have them already be married, but they did and so he was wedding planning.

Sam and Peter were Steve and his' groomsmen since they couldn't be best men for each other. Sam was Steve's groomsman and he most certainly wasn't going to willingly sit through wedding planning. Peter would, but Buck had told him he didn't need to. He was young and had other things to do.

Everyone but Peter and Elena had been surprised when Bucky had picked the kid to be his groomsmen. Other than Steve and Elena, Peter had always treated Bucky like a person and not some broken soldier when he joined the team. Besides deep down he really did like the kid.

He was more than content to let Steve and Elena plan everything. They were the planners in his life after all, Steve more so than Elena, he smiled to himself. Bucky didn't really have much to contribute other than showing up, but they both wanted him there so here he was. In their living room, surrounded by lots of wedding magazines, binders and lists. He couldn't forget the lists.

"Now, do we want more than one groom's cake or can you share?" Elena asked them both. She was absently flipping through a catalog of place settings, but looked up when neither answered.

"Why would we have more than one cake?" Steve asked. He was as confused as Steve was. Last he knew you only had one cake at a wedding.

Natasha explained. "The wedding cake is usually more for the bride so you have a groom's cake. With there being two grooms you'd have two of those."

Buck and Steve exchange a look. "Just one wedding cake is fine for us."

Elena scrunches her face at them. "If you're sure. We could always do three tiers with different flavors. One for each of us. This saves us money and we each get what we want." Nodding to herself, Elena makes a note in her wedding notebook to talk to the baker.

Looking up at them she points to a date circled on the page dedicated to cake. "We have a cake tasting next week. I've already put it in your guy's calendars on your phones. If one or all of us are forced to be on a mission I want each of you to write down your favorite cake flavors and I'll give it to Kirsten."

The wedding planner Pepper insisted that she hire for them had been a godsend. Kirsten worked well with Elena and Steve, getting everything they wanted as close to or exactly as they wanted it with the small window she had to work with. This lets the three of them relax and enjoy these next few weeks without all the pressure and stress of getting it done on their own. All she had asked for was their budget and whatever else wedding planners needed to know and got to work.

Steve makes mmm noises and makes a note in his own notebook. Bucky just nodded. Elena smiles over at him; she knows he's only here for them, but will do whatever she wants him to. He was just so happy to finally be marrying her after three years.

Glancing over at Steve, Bucky thinks about the last few days between the two of them. He'd been more affectionate towards him, only ever with Elena with them, but there's kisses on the cheek or cuddling that wasn't uncomfortable. It's never occurred to him that Steve might want more with him or vice versa, but he's finding that he doesn't mind it. He was his best friend and they were just so comfortable around each other so it might just be nothing. If it was something then he'd have to think on if he'd be able to go further in their friendship and relationship with him.