Wedding dresses

"Hmm. I don't know about this place, Wanda." Elena quietly says as they browsed around the large high end wedding dress boutique. Sure this place had beautiful dresses, but none of them really suited her style and the women who ran it were kind of rude to them. It reminded her of that scene in Pretty Woman when they talked down to Vivian and then realized their mistake later on.

Big mistake indeed when Tony Stark was paying the bill. Not that Elena was going to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on a dress, but wedding dresses weren't cheap.

The younger woman finished flicking through a long row of dresses that were very sparkly and very... poofy. Walking back to stand with Elena, Wanda glanced around the store one more time. "Yeah, I think we can move on to someplace else. I googled some other dress shops on our way over here in case you didn't find anything. There's one a few blocks away that looks promising. I know Stark said you could have any dress you wanted, but this place just doesn't feel right for you."

As they were walking towards the door a sales associate who had been listening perked up at the mention of Tony's last name. She breezed over to try and bring them back around. "Miss, if you haven't found anything out here to your liking I'm sure I can pull from our stock in the back."

Elena looked over at the tall leggy blonde who was overly made up. She motioned towards the back of the store with a manicured hand and smoothed down her expensive black dress that hugged her thin frame with the other. The woman walked closer in her skyscraper heels with a fake smile plastered on her face. Two minutes ago she had barely glanced in their direction and now she wanted to act all nice. Not today, Regina George! She had that air about her that screamed plastic.

Shaking her head no, Elena grasped Wanda's hand. "No, thank you." She politely declined her offer before turning back to Wanda and headed for the doors. "Tony might be willing to pay any price for my dress, but these are so not worth it."

It took them a few minutes before they had to basically shove the woman away from them as they made their escape. Once she had heard Tony's name she had tried her hardest to make a sale since she worked off of commission. She practically had huge dollar signs in her eyes like a cartoon. Eventually she backed off when Wanda had made her eyes glow red and politely said, "Goodbye."

The next shop was much more fitting to Elena's style. The sales associates were much kinder as well, telling Elena she didn't even have to set up a date for her to do a dress selection since they were having a slow day. For the next two hours Elena tried on what felt like a couple hundred dresses. Wanda briefly called Nat via Skype so she could check out dresses with them. What had floored her was when Tony had shown up not long after. "Well, don't you look beautiful, Marilyn."

"Hugh, what are you doing here?" Elena exclaimed in surprise. He grinned up at her a little teary eyed as he took in the cream white floor length princess style dress she was currently trying on. Clearing his throat he sauntered over to sit next to Wanda on one of the plush chairs by the dias she was standing on.

"I thought I'd stop in and see how the dress hunt was going. Nat said you didn't like the other shops, but that you'd finally found one you did. I couldn't miss out on getting a sneak peak of the dress now could I?"

He glanced around taking note that this wasn't one of the higher end shops they had talked about. Elena and Wanda went on to explain that the other places weren't really her style and that the last one had been rude to them. Tony wasn't having any of that.

He immediately called them up to give them a piece of his mind. Telling them that he would make it clear to his very wealthy friends that they should avoid their store in the future should any of them plan on getting married. Tony also accidentally let it slip that they had insulted not only an Avenger, but the fiance of Captain America and the Winter Soldier before he hung up.