🍂Departure🍂

"Eat now.."

Little Xian who's face was darkened previously this time lit up just like the first lantern of the mid autumn festival.

"It's for me Jun Ge?"

"I don't see anyone else here other than you, should I then eat it instead?"

Jun was retracting his hand back but Xian grabbed it, ate the peeled lotus seed from his hand and giving a possessive pout he exclaimed,

"Mine...."

"All for you..."

A cheerful giggle this time filled the stoic ambience around them as the petrichor seemed to be stronger; making those lonely souls forget about the loneliness for time being; even the fishes of lake who know well their life span aren't big enough yet they transform that less time into a quality one, by playing with their companions, sometimes hiding from them but most of the time conferring to them.

Weren't Jun and Xian also same like that, it's not that their life span was any short nevertheless unknown to them, it was each other's company which was never meant for them. Well, all have rights to visualise those small dreams as reality and so do them. Being engrossed amid that infatuated moment they somehow failed to notice the nebulous sky which was ready to shade it's tears again.

"Jun Ge..."

This time Xian was the one who raised something in front of Jun's face, at which taking a glance only did Jun understand that it was some sort of candy, yet to make sure he asked,

"It seems like sweet candy, isn't it?"

"It is Jun Ge. Have some, it's not any bitter like those elders of yours.."

Jun who never really expected this kind statement from the younger, was a bit shocked but then chuckling he managed to say,

"Seems little Xian is annoyed with elders of Monastery, will he mind saying me the reason?"

"They're bad.. They don't let Jun Ge come outside like before, I know.."

Jun couldn't find any suitable answer to pay for this question of Xian's, instead of which he choose quiescence which was interrupted by a rumbling sound not a fēnzhōng after that. Then only did they notice the presence of murky sky around them.

"Seems it's going to pour again.."

Flexion this time became slightly prominent over Xian's forhead, yet he maintained the smile over his face and raised his hands more,

"Jun Ge, take this, before it'll be melted by pouring rain drops. I can say you won't get any better sweet thing than this.."

Jun smiled at the child's sweetness and accepted the candy from his hand finally.

"Sweet.. Happy now?"

"Yes.. Here all for you.."

Xian who took out the whole pouch of candies, handed it over to Jun making him more startled.

"What will I do with these? I can't take all these Xian.."

"Just keep it as gift then Jun Ge..."

Xian said and raised on his feet to take his leave. He made his steps forward leaving a spellbound Jun behind..

"Little Xian, can you go alone ?"

"Don't worry Jun Ge, I'll be able to go.. Will see you soon..."

Xian gave a beautiful smile like usual and went away. Jun raised his hand which was still holding the the pouch of candies, sighed and looked at the departed figure.