🌻 The Proposal 🌻

"A Qing, I've something to say to you."

"Hmm what?"

"Actually I- "

"You what?"

"I love..."

Cheng looked at her nervously, who's still waiting patiently for the golden sentence to hear for which she had been waiting.

"I- I love.... love... love you.... your cooking...yes your cooking... the dish was very tasty today..."

Cheng completed the sentence although he changed the full meaning of it from what he was supposed to say, as traces of disappointment became visible over Qing's face. She inquired,

"You love only my cooking?"

"Yes... I mean only cooking... no... not only cooking... "

"So?"
She gave a teasing smile after glancing towards him. Not like she didn't know the next words of the jittery yet decent mannered male in front of him. It's said that women can bear the vision like that of a hawk, supposedly Wen Qing, at her twenties was no exception. From the countenance of Cheng, she could easily say that he didn't just want to stay as a friend with her for the rest of his life, but wanted to be something more. She guessed his intentions the day he suddenly gifted her a wooden curved comb while saying,

"The top knot is beautiful while it's clumsy but why don't you try the other way with this? "

It was just some weeks ago when he gave her that comb, sakura flowers being curved over it.

"Such a boring choice, however I'll still take it. Friends for benefits, comb out of no money. "

Her words startled Cheng back then, however deep inside Qing had been never so happy receiving a gift from others. She never even tried to express that happiness outside though and friendzoned him, until he's trying to depict his feelings himself.

At the present she was still staring at him, her eyes being veiled with anticipation, as a meager smile was drawn across her lips unknowingly. Cheng was still staggering between his words, completely failing in the attempt of offering a simple confession. Qing sighed and was ready to leave assuming that it wasn't the time yet but Cheng spoke up,

"You're..."

"Me what?"

"You're lovable.."
Cheng finally brought out the bunch of wild flowers he was hiding somehow, and held it in front of her.

"You're lovable to everyone, especially.."

"...."

"To me.."

The whole world around her was shrouded with sudden silence, as it was her turn to be nervous.

"Will you reciprocate this love to me, A Qing? Though I'm not so good at taking care of others, two halves always make a complete sphere right?"

So polite? Qing never expected she'd ever receive such a polite proposal in her life, as she had known the place of women in the society was not high enough. Their consent never matters. But how come a man be so gentle and respectful enough? She wondered while approaching her hand towards the bunch of flowers.

[A/N: y'all can play the bgm in the header now :)]

However, all these moments failed to catch Jun's attention. His source of vision was still Xian, his half hidden face and his slightly tilted hair knot. But his attention was diverted when a small leaf disturbed him by taking place over the latter's hair. The leaf was a dull one just like the outer appearance of Jun, supposedly that's why Jun couldn't bear it for longer. Xian didn't deserve the dullness of life, never. To him Xian always deserved better, probably an universe full of daintiness, a beautiful virid field full of flowers to run amid, and maybe one companion with a heart similar to the vast sky of this world to accompany him forever... Did he just think about Xian's soulmate? That's sudden, but she's surely going to be happy. Jun thought smiling bitterly all though shrugged them off at the very next moment. He lifted his hand and approached the leaf to detach it from Xian's hair.