🌿Memoirs🌿

"I'll also leave him in danger one day, like he did today.."

"Don't you fear that you may loose your actual inner self then, little Xian?"

"Inner self?"

"It's that side of yours, Xian which depicts who you actually are.."

Ten years Jun said to seven years little Xian who's leaf's stem was already broken due to the excessive friction with large rain droplets, resulting them to share one leaf, not letting the rain to drench their head somehow.

"Revenge isn't always the solution Xian. Instead why not just make the person cognizant regarding his fault?"

"What if he won't understand?"

"You know one thing, revenge can only give birth to grudes amid a person's heart instead of recuperating his conscience. But forgiveness and proper way of understanding can bring it back, no matter how bad the person is.."

"Is that so?"

"Umm did your Gege beat you previous day for going out without telling him?"

"No but scolded a very little but then hugged me back.."

"So if he'd have beaten you instead of forgiving wouldn't you've been hurt by his actions already?"

Thinking for not so prolong time yet enough to be called as elapsed, Xian nodded in agreement.

"So, that's how human mind works Xian.."

"But I wonder, how do you know so many things Jun Ge?"

"It's nothing little Xian, just some basic knowledge, when you'll grow up you'll also know.. Ohh, we are already at your home.."

After being ten steps away from his home, Jun finally stopped.

"Thank You Jun Ge."

Xian said bowing, turning around already about to leave when Jun interrupted,

"Why not take this leaf with you Xian?"

"Why?"

"You forgot?"

"...."

"The iris.."

"Ohhh! I remember now Jun Ge. But what if it'll start raining again?"

"Again behaving like elders.. Just take it.."

"And you too behaving like grandpa again.."

Pouting Xian took the leave from him as the last drop of the rain touched Jun's face.
.
.
Sixteen years old Xian reminiscenced the glimpse of past teachings which were provided by Jun. It's been two years already Jun left the village, with the aim of having peregrination in some other villages and monasteries for more knowledge regarding this vast world leaving behind some sweet memories to Xian. Finally letting go of his stubbornness, Xian motioned towards the pond again and proceeded his hand to help Yuan for getting up from the pond. The old grumpy person was already near with a twig yet thick enough to beat. Both of them finally started running collecting their fishing twigs and small pouch of rice, waiving a shouting man behind.

"You two brats!! Don't think you can escape so easily. I'll see you two.."

"At first catch us then you'll see us.."

Xian mocked before disappearing in distance. They didn't know for how far they ran, yet it was safe enough to not be caught by the grumpy man of the village Qiren. It wasn't that the person was bad in nature, but the teens of the village did make him annoyed by their actions. In general he was the most isolated person of Jianhua village who cornered himself after the death of his only son followed by his wife. No wonder the kind hearted person of once suddenly became so grumpy and lonely as well.