💫 Whispers of Unsaid Words 💫

Do the deities endear those small creatures around them? Who knows.

On an evening of a mid autumn day, Xian got pensive regarding the existence of fireflies quite abruptly, that did nothing but stole his glance towards the far horizon, in front of him a scroll and an ink plate with a brush dipped inside it, failing deucedly to catch his attention like any other days.

The consummation of monsoon has happened already for long,
Taking away the solitude of Cheng along,
The Autumn gifted him a new life and a new rove
And the feelings that we call a soulmate's love.
The maples grow ochre -
As the time passes like a wave from shore
Yet the greenery has never been quelled
And still keeps living beings propelled;
The feelings in some people's heart
Come closer like the way they once fell apart,
In life there's always stress and strains
But that's how the cycle of life sustains.

Lately Xian has been quite absent minded; he couldn't tell why, but what he didn't know was the presence of an efflorescent bud amid his void heart. It started to bloom after that day, the day when...

A known voice, a new call with which Xian has been already adapted for a few weeks now, broke into his reverie.

"Xian Di, come here."

"Coming Jiejie."

Xian raised on his feet, feeling the taste of freedom after having a long session of his attempt to study a bit. It was a fact that his gege has been more strict lately, but guess that's the thing that can happen as the early symptom of a family man?

Oh it'll probably be a sin to unlearn the fact that Cheng is already married. Xian still remembered the day how serious the condition it became -
.
.

"Wait!"

"Father.."

Wen Qing's face almost lost its colour as she saw her father approaching them with a face that contained nothing but demurrage.

"Father??!?"
The same question probably rose at the same time inside three people's minds; Cheng, Jun and Xian.

That's the moment when Xian he's gonna get doomed for sure, let's not talk about his approval regarding the marriage anymore. How about pretending that he's not Cheng's brother? That'd be a great option indeed.

"How long have you been in love with my daughter?"
He asked with a calm tone, with no intensity of anger, his question being directed towards Cheng.

"Ah well, I didn't measure, but probably quite long."

"Hah! So what took you so long to give a simple proposal?"

"I - "

"Father, he isn't guilty. Don't..."

"I'm not talking to you, A Qing. Let him answer his own questions."

Cheng was supposed to more nervous in comparison to previous time, but this time he collected himself and answered,

"I just wanted to save enough for my family, and also wanted a good duration to have mature feelings between us. I believe a strong bonding always works out for a long term relationship."

"And what do you think about parents' role in regards to this?"

"Of course they've quite a big role here. Depending upon them is the situation how the relation of their children may take turn. A void originates from the hostility of parents towards their children's relation with their partner while a more strong bonding forms on amiable behaviour from the parents' side. They indeed makes the important decision here. "