17

NATASHA'S POV

I plop down on the bed next to Steve, both of us panting and sweating.
"Well, so much for the not having sex again" I say and look at him.
"I have no regrets" he says and looks back at me.
"Me neither" I say.

We've been busy for an hour and a half. Five times. I'm sticky from sweat and bloody from the cut on my arm.
Steve is in pretty much the same condition as me, sweaty and a bit bloody and he gets up from the bed, still naked.

"I'm going to take a shower" he says and heads for the bathroom.
"At 6 in the morning?" I ask.
"Yes" he says and turns around.
"Wow that's America's Ass" I tease him with a giggle when his back is facing me.
He looks over his shoulder at me and chuckles before he gets in the shower.

I get out of bed as well. I don't get dressed before going to the bathroom and brush my teeth.

Steve's head pops out from the shower curtain.
"Are you in here t-?..." he asks and gaze at me.
I spit out the toothpaste. "Yes"I say sweetly and look at him.

He keeps looking at me from head to toe, stopping for longer periods of time on certain areas.
"Are your eyeballs falling out?" I ask him innocently as I'm about to leave the bathroom.
"No..uh...don't you uh...need a...uh shower?" He stammers.
I nod.
"I'm done soon" he says and his head disappears behind the curtain again.

I stay in the bathroom to clean the cut on my arm, it stings but I wouldn't want it to be infected.
"Nat, are you still in here?" Steve asks, sounding like it took him a lot of courage to say something.
"Yeah why?" I reply.
"We need to talk about our situation" he says.
I sigh. I know we do, but I'd rather not.
"Yeah we do" I say.

"So..." we both say in unison after a while.
The only thing breaking the silence is the water still running.
"You're my friend" I say "and colleague."
"Right back at you" he says.
"But I don't wanna stop sleeping with you. You're already pretty good, but with more practice...wow" I say thinking about how good he could get.
"I don't want to stop sleeping with you either. You're very very good" he says.
"Thank you" I say.
"No thank you" he says.

"Friends with benefits" I say after thinking about things.
"What kind of benefits? Cheaper food, like a discount if you're really good friends? How does that make sense in this situation?" He asks and sounds genuinely confused.
"No Rogers, friends who have sex" I say.
"Ohh, is that a thing?" He asks.
"Yes" I say like it's the most normal thing.
"How does that work?" He asks and looks out from the shower again.
"How long are you in the shower for?" I ask him before answering his question.
"A long time, tell me about this arrangement" he says and sounds curious.
"After I've showered. Get out of there or I'm just gonna join you" I say.

———————————————

STEVE'S POV

I would enjoy if she joined me, but I've always thought of the shower as a place where you clean yourself alone, and with the new me I'd probably want to do stuff.
"I'm done now" I say and grab a towel and wrap it around my waist. "Tell me about that benefit friend thing when you're done" I say. I'm extremely curious about what it is.

I lie in bed with the newspaper when Natasha comes out of the bathroom wrapped in a towel, a little mascara smudged under her eyes.

She sits down next to me on the bed when she's put on a t-shirt and a pair of sweatpants.
I put the newspaper on the table and look at her.
"Tell me what it is" I say without trying to hide my curiosity.
"We're friends who have sex, that's it" she says and looks at me.
"Is that like boyfriend and girlfriend?" I ask.
"No god no, we only sleep together, no dates or cuddles or anything relationship related" she says and sounds absolutely disturbed that I would assume anything else.
I think about her proposal.
"Alright that sounds fine" I say, although I'm a little concerned.
"Deal" she says.
"Deal."
We shake hands and look serious into each other's eyes.
"Don't fall in love with me" she says.
"I won't, if you don't fall in love with me" I say with a confident smile.
She smiles back at me before lying down in the bed facing the closet.
"Can I stay in the bed?" I ask.
"Sure just no cuddles" she says, and we both fall asleep.