43

STEVE'S POV

"Where were you?" Sharon asks angrily when I've closed the door behind me, making sure to keep my back facing her.
"I just walked around the motel" I say and hurry into the bathroom.
"It better not have been with Natasha!" She yells when I lock the bathroom door.

I kissed someone else than my girlfriend. I kissed someone else.
I look in the mirror with a judgmental look to myself.
I know I should feel bad for Sharon that her boyfriend is a cheater, but for some reason I can't seem to think about anything other than Natasha's lips.
I totally forgot how good a kiss can be.
Kissing Sharon is okay, it's not bad. But Natasha. It just makes sense and it's perfect.

"Steve, what are you doing out there?" Sharon asks from outside the door.
"I was just brushing my teeth" I say and look at my lips. They're not very swollen anymore, and I don't think she'll notice.

"What's up?" I ask her when I open the bathroom door to find her standing just outside with her hands on her waist.
"Who were you with when you were walking?" She asks, like it's an interrogation.
"Myself" I lie.
"I hope so" she says and gives me the killer eyes.

I sit down on the bed with a sigh.
"Do you want to tonight?" She asks with a smirk and sit down in the foot of the bed.
"Not tonight Sharon" I say and put a hand on her thigh.
She grabs onto my wrist and pulls me in for a kiss.
As her lips touch mine I can feel the awkwardness and discomfort that isn't there when I kiss Nat.
I pull away and shake my head. "Not tonight Sharon" I say again.
"Okay I get that you used to sleep with Romanoff, but that's over. We're together now. Show me you want me instead of constantly looking at her" she says, and she sounds a little bit hurt.
"Yeah, yeah it's over" I nod, kind of reminding myself, that tonight probably doesn't change anything.
"It better be, because I would mess her up" she says and cracks her knuckles.
"Mm" I mumble with an agreeing nod and raise my eyebrows.

Natasha would honestly probably mess her up first, but either way, I'm screwed.

———————————————

NATASHA'S POV

"Weak little bitch. Only seven hours later you've already gone soft and made out with your ex? Fucking asshole. And not only is he your ex he has a new girlfriend" I mumble to myself in Russian while I get my toothbrush ready.
"Who are you talking to?" Sam's head peeks inside the bathroom.
"No one" I say muffled, keeping my toothbrush in my mouth.
He shrugs and leaves the bathroom again.

"Sam?" I ask when I go back into the room.
"Mm?" He asks and looks up from his phone.
"If I tell you something, will you judge me?" I ask. I feel like I need to tell someone, and Wanda is busy packing for her trip with Vision, and she's also too depressed to be helpful in this.
"Why would I?" He asks and turns off his phone.
I sit down next to him on the bed.
"I...might...still-..." I start but he finishes my sentence.
"...be in love with Steve? You're unbelievable at hiding emotions, but every time Sharon touches him you look like you want to kill someone" he says.
"I do want to kill someone...her" I say.
He chuckles. "Then we're two. Do you know, that she doesn't let me show Steve memes because she wants him for herself?" He says offended.
I laugh. "He wouldn't get them anyways" I say, and imagine what Steve would say.
"You're right about that" Sam says, and then we both go quiet.

"We kissed" I say after a while without moving my eyes from the suddenly very interesting hole in the wall.
"What? Now?" He asks surprised and looks at me.
"Before. Outside" I mumble.
"Man, grandpa's really getting some" he says impressed.
"Shut up. What do I do? Now he's in there with his real girlfriend, whom I want to drown" I say, in desperate need for advice.
"For Steve to cheat he should love the other woman very very much. He loves you very much, I can see it. My man's totally smitten, but not by his girlfriend. Just be patient, I'm convinced it'll happen again" he says and pats my thigh.
"Thanks Sam" I say.
"No prob, goodnight" he says and squeeze me in a hug before he lay down and close his eyes.

"Stop kicking Sam!" I wake up in the middle of the night.
Despite being almost six feet away from me, Sam still manage to kick me half to insanity.
"You kick" he mumbles half asleep and kicks me again.
"And you've taken my pillow!" I exclaim.
"Relax, take the pillow and shut up" he says.
"You snore too" I say annoyed and turn to the other side.
"You're being very loud and annoying" he says before he starts snoring loudly again.
I groan and get out of the bed.

I put on Steve's zip-up over my tank top and go outside to catch some air.
I lean against the door and check the clock.
It's 3.30, meaning it would be about noon in Moscow. Hopefully Yelena has time to talk.

"Natasha? What time is it where you are?" Yelena asks.
"3.30 am. Why do you look like you just woke up?" I ask her.
"Because I don't have plans today, and I didn't expect you to call so I decided to sleep in, but you totally ruined that" she says dissatisfied and frowns.
"Sorry. Can I ask you something?" I say. Maybe she knows what to do with Steve.
"Sure" she says and sits up in her bed.
"Okay so..." I begin.

"Holy shit you were with Captain America and you still love him!?" She asks loudly over the phone and squeals so my speakers sound like they're about to burst.
"Not so loud, you're making me deaf" I say.
"Why didn't you tell me Captain America made you soft when you were here?" She asks, ignoring my request of keeping it down.
"Because Alexei would've killed me" I say.
"Yes, he would've been angry" she agrees with a nod.

"So how are things in Russia?" I ask her.
"I have dealt with some widow stuff here and there, and I got shot, and if I had my vest it wouldn't have been as bad" she says and shows me a shot wound on her stomach.
"Well you gave the vest to me" I say and smile at her.
"That is true. And it's better that you have it. You need to look cool when you fight along with God from Space and the man made of iron" she says.
"I'm not really fighting with them anymore" I say and give her a stiff smile.
"Right! Tony Stark doesn't like you. I forgot" she says and slaps her own forehead.
"No he does not like me" I say under my breath.
"I need to go. I forgot to clean the clothes, and Melina is not happy" she says and stands up.
"Well then you must go and do that. Talk soon?" I say.
"Of course. I need to hear about what Captain America does to my sister" she says and waves goodbye before she hangs up.

I smile to myself before I go back inside to try and go back to sleep.