she forgets your birthday (requested)

"Y/N? Baby, wake up." Yeji whispered in your ear as she hovered over you in bed, her breath fanning against your earlobe before she moved her lips to brush against your neck ever so softly.

Still feeling sleepy, you tried to pretend as though you didn't hear her.

But it was impossible to pretend, especially when she continued to whisper in your ear and give you kisses to try to wake you up, which caused a smile to tug at your lips and you knew you'd never be able to hide it from her.

"C'mon, baby. It's time to wake up. Let me see your pretty eyes." She smiled and brushed her thumbs along your cheeks, right below your eyes.

You opened them slowly and found her staring right back at you. Her eyes sparkled, her smile radiant and full of happiness.

"Hi." She grinned.

"Hi."

"It's time to get up. It's going to be a really amazing day!"

You bit your lip as she got up and unplugged her phone from the charger beside the bed. It's your birthday today and while you don't think all that highly of it, Yeji does. You couldn't deny how good it felt to know someone so important to you takes such care into your special day. It makes you feel important and special.

"Oh?" You asked and smiled at her when she turned around. "What's so special about today?"

"I think you already know." She said as she pulled her hoodie over her head. "I told you a few days ago that the girls and I start practicing for the comeback that will be happening soon!"

You thought she was joking. You expected her to giggle and come back to your side, telling you she was just kidding. But she never did.

"Oh. Right. I guess I forgot."

"Why do you sound so disappointed?" She asked as she came to sit beside you.

"No reason. Just a little tired still."

She didn't believe you. You're not that good of a liar, especially when it comes to Yeji. But she looked at the clock and realized she was supposed to have already been on her way. She had to get going now.

"If you say so. I love you. I'll see you later."

She kissed your head before grabbing her things and walking out the door. She was almost to her car when her phone started to ring. She saw it was Lia calling, so she playfully rolled her eyes as she answered.

"Lia, I know I'm a couple of minutes late. I'm on my way to practice now."

"What?" Lia asked and, from the tone of her voice, Yeji could tell she was confused.

"We have practice today?"

She got into her car but didn't start it up quite yet. Now that Lia seemed so confused, she was, too.

"Uh, no we don't. We have practice tomorrow. We got the day off because it's y/n's birthday today and we're throwing that surprise party for her later. Remember?"

"Oh, no," Yeji muttered to herself and put Lia on speaker so she could go to her calendar. She saw that it was your birthday today. "Oh, I got my days mixed up! I thought it was tomorrow." She groaned and began to kick herself.

She only began to feel worse when she remembered that look of disappointment when she told you that she had practice today, that the reason why the day was so special because the comeback was starting.

That was all happening tomorrow. Today was your special day. How could she ever forget? It's one of the most important days for her!

"Yeji, don't tell me you forgot her birthday."

"I did. I feel awful."

"Well, imagine how she feels, Yeji." Lia sighed and Yeji nodded her head and bit her lip, already wondering how she could make it up to you. "Go back to her. Make it up to her. I won't bother you until later when it's time to meet for the surprise party. Until then, you focus on her."

"Okay. I will." She said and ended the call before getting out of the car and running back inside.

She didn't find you anywhere downstairs, so she ran to your shared room just in time to see you coming out of the bathroom after brushing your teeth. You both froze when your eyes locked.

"Forget something?"

She walked to you and, without a word, she pulled you into her arms. She held you tightly and brushed her hand along your back comfortingly. She let out a shaky sigh, trying to find the words to say to express her guilt and the sadness she felt for forgetting something so important.

"I'm so sorry." She whispered softly. "I feel so bad."

"Don't, Yeji. It's not a big deal."

You tried to get out of her arms, but she only held you tighter as those words left your lips.

"It is a big deal. Maybe not for you, but for me it is. You're my girlfriend and I love you more than anything. I wanted to make this day so special for you and now I ruined it."

"You didn't."

"I forgot it, y/n. You looked so disappointed." She frowned as she pulled away a little, her sad eyes locking with yours.

"Okay, I was a little disappointed. But you're here now and that means a lot to me."

She smiled and stroked your cheek.

"There's nowhere else I'd rather be on your special day." She said before she leaned in to give you a kiss. "Happy birthday, baby."

"Thanks, Yeji." You grinned.

"Tell you what. You get dressed and I'll take you out for breakfast at your favorite spot."

"You don't have to,"

"Shh." She interrupted, placing her finger over your lips with bright eyes. "I want to. You deserve it. Please, get ready. For me? Let me spoil you on your birthday."

"Okay." You said as you tried not to smile, only for a big one to tug at your lips as she leaned in to kiss your cheek. "Thank you."

"You're welcome, birthday girl. Now, get dressed!" She giggled and watched you grab some clothes before you went into the bathroom to get ready, leaving her with a big smile on her face as she promised herself to spoil you in every way she could to make this the best birthday you've had so far.

You deserve it.