One

Cally was happy. She had a good life and good friends. Then the sun flares had to come and mess everything up. Of course The flare came too. That was bad.

Then WICKED came. The 'saviours of humanity' yeah right. The first thing they did was grab a bunch of Munies and experiment on them. Cally was one of the first to be chosen. It was horrible. They did things to her she didn't even want to think about.

They made so many liquids and pills and gases that Cally wished she were dead. Death would have been better than this.

At least that is what she thought.

It was just another crappy day of experiments when Cally just... Disappeared. No one knew where she went. She just..... Died.

At first Cally was confused. She didn't know what had happened. One minute she was lying on a hospital bed. Stuffed full of tubes and who knows what klunk. And the next she was standing up. Completely free of all the crap they were pumping into her and standing. She hadn't stood up in months. In fact. She hadn't even SAT up since WICKED grabbed her.

There were a few differences though. She was slightly transparent and she couldn't float through walls or fly like all those stories said she could. She was just. There. An observer. Watching.

She had to watch her friends being taken. Newt especially, hurt. They were brainwashed to believe that 'WICKED is good'. Cally nearly laughed at that it was so far from the truth.

She still couldn't see how taking innocent people and testing them in the strangest of ways was going to cure the Flare. It was just.... Stupid.

As time passed Cally found that she could do more and more. She didn't walk exactly. Sort of drifted. And now if she saw a door she could push it. Not that she was seeing many doors now. She also found that she could touch things. And still taste food though it never seemed to have any impact. Cally never got any fatter and she never seemed to be full.

She remembered the first time she touched something. She was crying when she overheard some of WICKED discussing the maze and how they were going to ship them up soon. Cally couldn't bear the thought of any of her friends getting hurt. Let alone dying.

She drifted around searching for them when she stumbled across Newt. He was sitting laughing with Minho. Not understanding the terrible danger they were soon going to be in.

Cally floated up to him. Hoping that he of all people remembered her. Her hands itched to stroke his soft blonde hair but she knew she couldn't. They reached out anyway and for the first time in years Cally felt something. She could feel his hair under her fingers. Newt seemed to sense something too as he looked around. But after seeing nothing he shrugged and continued to talk.

Cally felt like she had taken a massive step towards coming back. From then on. She could feel.