chapter 1

Luna pov

Its been two years since I left the tower, two years since I have seen the team and my brother Tony and leaving was one of the best choices I could have made for myself. My life isn't as glamorous as it would have been but at least it's MY life.

Being Tony Stark's little sister was or is a nightmare. For some reason he has always been cold towards me and he was actually glad when I left after a huge argument. That was 2 years ago, now? I live in and run a small medical clinic. I've only been open for 8 months but I feel like I'm helping and making others lives better, and using my powers sparingly.

"Miss? Help please?"

A woman carrying her child came up to me, I ushered her into a chair and she held out her little sons arm, he seemed to be about the age of one.

"Hello little one lets see when the issue is, oh I see we have an infected cut. Well I can fix that right up for you." I moved the young child onto my lap and carefully cleaned and dressed his arm. When I was done I gave him a little tickle which made him laugh and me smile, it was good to hear a laugh again. I handed him back to his mother, who was relieved, and I also handed her a few tablets of antibiotics and instructed her on when and how to take them. She kept thanking me and gave me a hug.

I don't except payment from them as when Tony's and my parents died we were both left a hefty inheritance which I use to bring in food, water and medical supplies. How my parents died is sort of my fault, when I was one I was kidnapped by a group called HYDRA. For fourteen years I was experimented on, tortured and raped. I still have nightmares about it. When I was fifteen I was finally rescued by the avengers and brought home, but during an emotional fight with my parents I had burned the house down and killed them. Apparently HYDRA had given me powers but they didn't manifest themselves until then. Not long after I was sent to live in the tower, I was only there for two years but I had grown close to the team, mainly Nat, Clint and Bruce, and they all viewed me as family. Tony always avoided me and when we did speak it was always a fight, until one day I had enough and left.

But that's in the past, when I first arrived in Sokovia it was a rough start but I worked hard and now I help people and use my powers to help them as well.

The woman left with her son and I smiled and waved to them before moving on to the next person waiting.

Pietro pov

I stood watching her from an alley way, helping people with anything that she could. Always smiling, her long raven black hair always up in a ponytail, her beautiful emerald green eyes sparkled when she was helping someone, her smile seemed to cheer up those around her, she was gorgeous. I had been tasked to watch her and to find out who she was but in the month I had been watching I couldn't help but feel drawn to her, her kindness for people she didn't know, her compassion and care she gave to those who needed it.

"Brother have you found out anything about her?" my sister Wanda asked as she appeared beside me.

"No, everyone I ask don't know her name so I may have to try and find out another way."

"Well you need to find out soon, we have been ordered to report tomorrow evening."

I gave her a quick nod and I picked her up and sped back to base.